• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Industry Panel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
SUMMER WARS! Very Happy Yay! Now we can all see what Jason was talkin' about!
And with a theatrical release, if they play their cards right, it might just be Oscar-worthy!!! Smile Laughing (I know it's a long shot, but a girl can dream...Wink )
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Quote:
If Funimation did not consider it to be advantageous to them they would be free to pass on the license (or alternatively to simply license DVD rights).

Provided the license allows them to make such a decision.

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You're bitching because they have to purchase BD and DVD rights separately. When I point out that they could just get the DVD rights if they don't like that, you suggest that the license probably doesn't allow them to purchase the BD and DVD rights separately. Do you see the absurdity in this?

Quote:
I don't believe I mentioned licensing costs at all.

Yeah. You did. You said:

"FUNimation has four people fighting copyright infringement just so the company can turn around and be forced to pay for the same content multiple times in order to sell it in two different formats?"

You were complaining about the Japanese gouging Funimation on licensing costs by making them pay multiple times.

Quote:
I didn't compare. I correlated. These are not the same action. Realize this, and I'll reply accordingly.

"Tell me again who the pirates are?" isn't a comparison?

Be honest. You made a silly, over dramatic claim and now you're back pedaling trying to justify it.

Quote:
So, ikillchicken, when are you going to stop having a conversation with yourself regarding the points you've unnecessarily introduced? While it is entertaining to watch you insult yourself, it does distract from the actual discussion going on here.

Oh stop being a twat. Your last post made no sense and therefore I took my best guess at what you might be trying to say, asked if that was what you meant and then offered a brief, couple line response. So spare me your idiotic grand standing about how I'm 'distracting from the discussion'.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Or some other ludicrous, untenable, not-based-at-all-in-reality "let's completely ignore the demonstrable horrible negative impact for-profit pirate sites have on the industry they're leeching from" standpoint?

"Cake or Death?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3