• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsuiTakumi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:16 am Reply with quote
Honestly... This is my favorite episode of the show so far. My only complaint was not enough Houki, nothing is perfect though...spoiler[Besides Charlotte and Orimura-sensei <3]

As soon as i heard the sister talk in the beginning i had http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhC-zQ3Kf-g STUCK in my head... was rather distracting. When he woke up and seeing spoiler[ Laura instead of Char in his bed was surpressing] Honestly wished it was the other way around but Razz. Charlotte got alot of screen time this episode which pushed it over the top. My favorite part would be eitherspoiler[ The whole dressing room screne with Char/Orimura or Every scene Chifuyu-nee was in, she simply took over them this episode.]

Looking on the the preview of the next episode.... Houki's sister is crazy

EDIT: i lied, my favorite part is the music playing in the background during the end of the beach scenes Smile
jxsilicon9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote
This show is dreadful. The characters are entertaining along with the harem plot.But the rest of the plot is pretty terrible.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess the plot is finally moving. Houki spoiler[gets her IS, and it's overpowered. Seriously, look at that sword power thingy.] Oh, her sister, seems fun to be with, though the other characters perceive her as annoying. I like her. And her bunny ear things. And may I get one of her Houki-chan stalking radar thing?

Turns out the spoiler[drone is unmanned, my assumption from a while back is correct.] *Applauds myself*

We're nearing the end of the Winter Season, and I'm stricken by grief that I will no longer see German-tan and French-tan Crying or Very sad . I'll add pictures of them to my computer to forever worship them.

@jxsilicon9, screw the plot when you have awesome characters like French-tan! The characters are basically the key of enjoying this show.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
jxsilicon9 wrote:
This show is dreadful. The characters are entertaining along with the harem plot.But the rest of the plot is pretty terrible.

Oh, shut yar trap. This show is good because of the harem. If you don't like harem you should start studying your shows better because a lot of them revolve around harems.

DuskyPredator wrote:
egoist wrote:
Oh, damn you, Ichika, you and my dream harem.

Wait your dream harem includes girls who attack you with mecs if they think you have been screwing around or something. Well you are currently useing Ferris as an avatar so that makes sense, a bit of M indeed.

Eris understands humour. Does that turn me on? Not in real life. But then again, what drives me for the most part are appearances, while personalities probably equal 49%.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
so Tabane just become my favorite annoying character of all time.
get to love the bunny ears.
Dolza

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Wow. Way to have the plot interrupt the hot springs episode.
Tabane is awesome! Exactly what would be the result of an otaku becoming the worlds formost genius mecha builder.
shadow13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know when the next episode will be coming out? I haven't found any info of whether the series will be put on hold due to all the events in Japan.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote
I love spring break. A chance to work more and get some cash, plus a chance to catch up on everything from this season. Only through episode 8 but had to put the last 2 on hold to come wax poetic about the best harem of the fine female form that I've seen in awhile. Charlotte's far and away my favorite girl, glad to see spoiler[she'll be dropping the boy act and start coming as a girl] Should add some good comedy to the future episodes. The ending of 8 was fantastic with Laura spoiler[kissing Ichika and informing him that he will become her wife. Glad they had the freudian slip of wife, made the scene cuter]

I've found this show to be pretty good. Definitely not the most original but I still enjoy none the less even though you can predict just about everything before it happensspoiler["Charles" being a girl, Houki having to pair up with Laura, Laura falling for Ichika, etc etc.]

Since I know none of you care, I'll just ignore your feelings and add this anyways:
Charlotte>Houki>Laura>Cecilia>Ran(his buddy's sister)>Rin

That's my humble little opinion anyways.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote
And guess which fictional French girl will have a cheap figure released soon? Cool
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
French girl was just as awesome.. but I don't like the fact that even she is becoming tsundere.

Agree with this 100%. She's still the best of the harem bunch, but I liked her more when she didn't get frustrated with Ichika and just laughed it off or smiled. She may have been bumped from favorite character in the show though because......

Chifuyu-nee has successfully rocked my socks off. Anime exclamation There's sexy, there's sexier, and then there's Chifuyu-nee. I believe it's about time for Ichika and Chifuyu to find out they're not related and make this harem a whole lot more fun Twisted Evil

Despite it being fairly common in harem shows for the male lead to misinterpret what his foxy female companions are saying, I'm particularly enjoying it in this show. At times I think Ichika is doing it on purpose and it works well for the show's comedy.

Laura's interaction with the black hares about picking out a bathing suit was pure gold. The reaction of the girl to finding out Laura only had a school issued swimsuit was great.

egoist wrote:
And guess which fictional French girl will have a cheap figure released soon? Cool

Mmmm french fries. I do hope you'll keep me informed on when this little cutey is available. Though cheap is a deceptive term for figures since "cheap" can still be around $70.
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Nosferatu21 wrote:

Since I know none of you care, I'll just ignore your feelings and add this anyways:
Charlotte>Houki>Laura>Cecilia>Ran(his buddy's sister)>Rin

I rank them about the same except I might around switch Cecilia and Ran.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I rank them like

1.Laura
2. Charlotte
3. spoiler[ Natasha Fairs (American chan)
http://images.wikia.com/infinite-stratos/images/4/4f/Dead_meat.jpg
j/k, probably not in his harem.
]

4. Cecillia
5.Houki
6.Ran
7. Rin
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Since everyone is rating the girls... I guess I'll join. [Only for known characters]

1. French-tan (Charlotte)
2/3. German-tan/Japan-tan (Laura / Houki)
4. Ran (not part of the official harem)
5. Pikachu-tan (girl with Pikachu suit, not part of official harem)
6. Brit-tan (Cecilia)
7. China-tan (Rin)

egoist wrote:

Do want. I must go buy her, and bring her to bed with me every night. Maybe even shower with it, is it waterproof?

Nosferatu21 wrote:

Chifuyu-nee has successfully rocked my socks off. Anime exclamation There's sexy, there's sexier, and then there's Chifuyu-nee. I believe it's about time for Ichika and Chifuyu to find out they're not related and make this harem a whole lot more fun Twisted Evil

No! Not after I have just finished Yosuga No Sora! My mind won't be able to handle that! Ok, perverted thoughts aside, that would be... Interesting, since Ichika spoiler[has some weird form of admiration for his sister.]
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote
Nosferatu21 wrote:
Though cheap is a deceptive term for figures since "cheap" can still be around $70.

It's cheap because it's Sega. It'll probably be around 1200 yen on Hobby Search before shipping. It's 17 cms high, and is scheduled to be released on July. I'm also getting Houki. They're usually cheaper when you buy two at the same time, and I've wanted Houki's figure for a while (media factory ruined it with that pose).
In fact, HLJ is already taking pre-orders for them separately. http://www.hlj.com/product/SEGH2628-B http://www.hlj.com/product/SEGH2628-A
As for me, I'll give it a few months to see if some other versions show up.
Quote:

Maybe even shower with it, is it waterproof?

Wrap her on some waterproof plastic!

Charlotte > Houki > Chifuyu > Cecilia > Laura > Houki's sis > Rin/Ran
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 am Reply with quote
I am definitely not feeling the French love, lads. I'm not attracted to her character design, I find her personality the most bland of all the girls and I think the fact that she started out as a poorly disguised dood sways my opinion, too.

No, my favourite femme by far (although she is not part of the harem) is Mischievous Big Boobed Cutesy-Voice Genius Bunny Ear Girl. I like her because she is/has:

1) Mischievous
2) Big Boobs
3) Cutesy-voiced
4) Genius
5) Bunny Ears
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10