• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo Head: Tsunami is 'Divine Punishment'—Haruhi's Yamakan Responds

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoverTX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
NOW If he gets reelected then we truly know the system is fixed over there..... I mean for the love of god....
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Take that ass bite (Governor)! You should know better than that.
_V_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I've been checking out this article on wikipedia and I would strongly suggest that this ANN news post be updated, because it involves statement's he's made about potential natural disasters in Japan:

Apart from other controversial statements....such as that he denies that the Rape of Nanking happened....and he thinks Japan was fully justified in invading the Korean peninsula....

Quote:
On April 9, 2000, in a speech before a Self-Defense Forces group, Ishihara publicly stated that atrocious crimes have been committed repeatedly by illegally entered sangokujin (Japanese: 三国人 (third country national); a term commonly viewed as derogatory) and foreigners, and speculated that in the event a natural disaster struck the Tokyo area, they would be likely to cause civil disorder.[18] His comment invoked calls for his resignation, demands for an apology and fears among residents of Korean descent in Japan.[4]

....wow. Basically in 2000, in a public speech he said that he feared that if a major disaster struck Japan (i.e. earthquake, tsunami) the Koreans would be looting in the streets, and therefore they must all be deported.

This is like Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG all over again.
matrixdude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed that they don't literally behead him. There is no reason anyone could say otherwise now.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
I will be shocked if Ishihara doesn't leave office by harakiri after that.

Even if the thought brings a wicked smile to my face, what would that accomplish? He would become an example for other nut-jobs to follow. It would be better if he suffered an humiliate defeat at the polls to never be heard about again. We must end the never ending cycle of hatred (yeah, you know damn well from what anime I am taking that).
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
timesteel wrote:
well I doubt he is going reelected after this I mean the bill was one thing but seriously this guy is just stupid saying this a month before his reelection.

He's not running for reelection.

Never a dull moment with Ishihara. I know this is new to anime fans, but he's been doing this stuff for years.
sonickid101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
okay first of all that guy needs to be impeached. Im glad Yutaka Yamamoto spoke out against him
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Calling it divine punishment...I won't be surprised if that homophobic bigot Fred Phelps starts a "God Hates Japan" website, claiming that it's God's punishment on Japan for tolerating homosexuality and not accepting Christ.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Calling it divine punishment...I won't be surprised if that homophobic bigot Fred Phelps starts a "God Hates Japan" website, claiming that it's God's punishment on Japan for tolerating homosexuality and not accepting Christ.

Funny you mention him, his daughter's been tweeting that the earthquake is punishment for "Fornication".
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:

They are too busy getting ready to protest a funeral in PA to do that. I myself was waiting for Hugo Chavez to blame the earthquake on the United States because he claims that we are testing a weapon that can do that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
timesteel wrote:
well I doubt he is going reelected after this I mean the bill was one thing but seriously this guy is just stupid saying this a month before his reelection.

He's not running for reelection.

Never a dull moment with Ishihara. I know this is new to anime fans, but he's been doing this stuff for years.

Actually, he is.

This comment of his does not surprise me, just look at all of his comments over his period in office and you can see what kind of person he is. That said, I hope the communist guy is the one that ends up getting elected for governor, seeing as the other options are Ishihara, his sockpuupet, and a rich guy who'll say anything to get elected...
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
You know, with Colonel Gaddafi on the ropes, I was really getting worried that we might suffer a shortage of crazy ass-politician talk. But I have to say, Ishihara really stepped up to the plate here. 'Divine Punishment'? What, have you been trading notes with Pat Roberson over the weekend? Do we need to light a burnt sacrifice to Poseidon Earth-Shaker? Or does this tragic disaster only exist to serve as a political tool to hammer away your insidious views of the youth of Japan? I got news for you, ojisan, better men than you have tried and failed to force their morality on others. Listen, I've met Anthony Comstock, and you sir, are no Anthony Comstock.
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
God how is this f***tard still in power?

With the whole Pearl Harbor thing it is mainly uneducated morons saying things who have no idea about history at all. They really can't tell the difference between a natural disaster and war.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, it looks like Ishihara has a supporter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Ishihara, just when I think you can't get worse. You continue to amaze me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10