• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kakurenbo Hide & Seek Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quote
This contest is getting on my nerves. Apparently, its supposed to be easy, and I keep getting clues, but I dont think they're in the right order. Darn!

Edit: Oh okay, I get it now. Done!

Last edited by .Sy on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Nah! No hints.

Suffering builds character! Laughing

(Especially if you were unlucky enough to start it when all the pictures weren't loaded! I still managed to finished it after waiting for the rest of the pics! Laughing )

^^;; I'm actually not sure how you were able to do that. I didn't post the contest until after all the pictures were in place. Magic.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Great contest, the clues were a lot of fun. It was somewhat easy, but I could see where people would struggle if they aren't familiar with the titles, some of these titles are really going back. I will admit that I had a little trouble with the second clue, but only because I was a little too tired to be working with numbers. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

But the contest page is "broken", half of the page script is stuck in the mailing address field so there's no way to enter the contest (or get the first clue), wasn't that way this morning.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
takuhii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote
A PURE STROKE OF GENIUS!!!
When you do complete it (I obviously watch too much anime, I finished this in about 2 minutes!!), you see how everything falls into place. I won't give anything away, but I did think some of the clues would be quite difficult for the uninitiated...

One of the images (those who have completed it will know the one of which I speak), is permanently burned into my brain, and it's not an image I want to remember!!

One thing does concern me, however, what is to stop someone stumbling across the answer??
Genjackel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Finished it finally...took me awhile.. I only hope that what I thought was the end really was it..for some reason I feel there should be more... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Cool contest. I'm about halfway through. I should have it finished soon.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Thart took forever, but I found it.

Last edited by Advent_Nebula on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Genjackel wrote:
Finished it finally...took me awhile.. I only hope that what I thought was the end really was it..for some reason I feel there should be more... Confused

The last stop will have the Kakurenbo logo screaming across it, with more detailed instructions on what exactly to enter into the form. You'll definitely know if you've hit the last one.

takuhii wrote:
One thing does concern me, however, what is to stop someone stumbling across the answer??

Nothin'. If they somehow manage to stumble across that particular page in our multi-hundred-thousand page encylopedia, all the more power to them. ;p
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Finished it. It wasn't very difficult but it was still a lot of fun Smile !
I hope you have more contests like that in the future. I wish good luck to those who are about to enter this contest.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD
Quote:
^^;; I'm actually not sure how you were able to do that. I didn't post the contest until after all the pictures were in place. Magic.

I couldn't figure it out either. But there I was wondering around the site with a correct answer and no other picture loading so I could go on. It had a blank area of 5 slots followed by a pic and then blank area. I finished it after all the pics were up. It's prob a mote point now, but if you want to know where the problem area was, you can email me.
Tenkaido

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I guess I must be tired, it took me almost an hour to finish it.

Good workout for the brain, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jstillion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, great contest idea / design, tried to figure out the 1st clue but no go. Congratz to the people that figured it out.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I was a little lost there with that one bodybuilder/chippendale pic (which also burned my eyes)... but I figured it out eventually. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
I was a little lost there with that one bodybuilder/chippendale pic (which also burned my eyes)... but I figured it out eventually. Smile
Yeah, I got stuck on that one for alittle while, but thanks when I figured it out, ithe rest started to fall in place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
B33

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
What a great way to spend my evening, trying to finish the scavenger hunt... It was easy, once I figured out the whole theme ANN had going. You know, I think there are going to be a few people coming across the answer by accident. I'm not giving any hints out because it was easy(the beginging is easy and the end is as well, all you have to do is get past the middle). The hardest clue I was stuck on was the "Birdman". After that, everything was basically a breeze... Lol, I must have spent a hour (or more) trying to figure this out. Thanks ANN for a great contest. Who thinks they should do something like this again?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7