• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supercreep

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
@Lem

I also went in for that Kickstarter
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
@Alan45
I'm glad you have a copy you're happy with. I agree about leaving the plastic on things. Probably sensible from a curatorial p.o.v., but it's sort of gross on the shelf, and to handle.
lem

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
@supercreep
I'm very glad that they're doing it, but honestly I would've been happy to just buy a regular edition of anything by Tezuka. Triton of the Sea is another one from his massive catalog that I've recently pre-ordered.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
@ailblentyn
I always considered leaving the shrink wrap on to be the same as putting a clear plastic slipcover on the couch. Make it look bad to keep it looking good. Laughing
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I ordered my first 1/4 scale figures. They are huge and I love the one I've gotten so far! I have received Fate T. Harlaown Bunny Version (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/117202), and she is awesome, possibly my new favorite figure. I have Nymph Bunny Version (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/103193) on the way.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
Received my replacement Nausicaä manga box set from RightStuf. The first one had a corner knocked in. This one is not precisely mint-condition either, but I can live with it.
I'm curious whether anyone got a cope that was in absolutely perfect, collector's condition? It's so heavy and sizeable that the cardboard shipping boxes don't seem quite up to the task.
I got mine last year from amazon for a very good price. When I opened the box I almost went into a fit when I saw that packing consisted of a single sheet of brown paper. The Nausicaa set had plenty of room to bounce around in the box, but incredibly it only has a teensy little bruise in a corner. So small I think most people wouldn't even see it. I must have gotten the one lone UPS guy in the universe that doesn't throw boxes at doors. Its the only way I can explain why it wasn't banged and dinged to a lump. Laughing
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
Gap fill in time!

Manga
Baby & Me 3, 5-9 (3 is clearly going to be the hard to find one, so I paid 75 cents for each of the others and $8 for 3 (lowest price I've seen elsewhere too), but same seller=cheaper shipping, halfway through the series with these! Indications seem to be that these were not ex-library books either)
Higurashi 1 (or whatever my ISBN was for, I had half an arc somewhere)
Ikigami 7 (I keep seeing prices on this rise, I bet it'll be the first to go OOP for this series)
Old Boy 2 (I liked v1, but want to read v2 to make sure if I'd want more)
The Recipe for Gertrude 5 (still need 3 and 4, which seem a bit easier to get right now)

Anime
Cyber City Final Collection (That recent Mike Toole interested me, and a friend assured me it's a fun romp)

Got it via a mix between GoHastings and Half.com today.

Oh and for another forum member because my hidden ability "Extreme Luck" activated today: Banana Fish 3 and 9 (3 is 2nd ed, shiny!)
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
Bought Kekkaishi 4 and Switch 5.
murph76

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy right now. Very Happy The Blu-rays for My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle arrived today. Can't wait to see how gorgeous Totoro will look in HD.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Decided to jump on the Amazon Ghibli sale a couple days ago, picked up Arriety, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service and Porco Rosso. Also tacked on Soul Eater and Black Lagoon (both BD) since I've been eyeing them for a while and they're pretty cheap on Amazon.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
It would seem my financial sense have taken leave of me lately. Maybe it's the summer heat, maybe it's the frustration of spending over $200 on things for my car and only being able to refill the wiper fluid thanks to managing to not get the right socket; either way I flipped and decided to splurge on a (refurbished)40" LED TV for my room and a (backwards compatible)PS3. Yes, I may have boughten a couple of games, but I mention it here since I'm probably going to use the setup mostly for anime. Total price $510.96, not counting the games.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I got Baccano, all of Nadesico, and the Vampire Princess Miyu TV series for free because of the free to a good home thread in the community forum. I will give them a good home Alan, I swear!
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Received today from RS:
Katanagatari DVD/Blu-ray Set 1 Premium Ed.
Katanagatari DVD/Blu-ray Set 2 Premium Ed.
Time of Eve Blu-ray import

Received from Amazon, taking advantage of their 50% of Ghibli sale:
Whisper of the Heart DVD/BD combo
Castle in the Sky DVD/BD combo
Ponyo DVD/BD combo

Good stuff! Smile
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Went ona buying spree and got Baccano bluray, Tenchi Muyo-War On Gemminar (stupid name), Occult Academy regular set, The Princess And The Pilot, My Neigbor Totoro (uk bluray import), Dennou Coil (god those australian dvds are expensive), and a few other odds and ends.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I also took advantage of the "Free to a good home" thread in the subscriber's community area and got quite a haul. (There's still a handful of items available- membership has its privileges).

-Patlabor OVA collection (the old US Manga set)

-a veritable collection of Love Hina figures. Like three sets, my wall nook overfloweth.

-Hinata Girls Best Songs Love Hina CD

Which reminded me, I'm way behind on ordering the final Love Hina Omnibus collection, so, from Amazon....

-Love Hina Omnibus v. 5

-My Neighbor Totoro BD (I waited for the last moment in the futile belief that someone would offer a better opening day deal than 30% off... stupid Disney)

-Cat Planet Cuties (Asobi Ni Iku Yo!) BD set (I've been holding off getting it since it came out, finally took the plunge. Good deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1040 of 1401