• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoony

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is unexpected! This time last year I went to a con cosplaying Celty and got a lot of people asking me who I was; now we've got English-language releases and an AS run! I feel oddly proud of its success (not that I really have anything to do with it XP).

From what I've heard I think it's a solid dub, but I don't have the cash for the DVDs, so I'll definitely be watching and hopefully getting my sisters into it, too.

peachsncreamsoda wrote:
Still though i'm actually really happy about this. I would have been happier, had I known this alot sooner obviously but meh, I might still watch it on AS just to... say.. I did Confused .

Just turn it on to up the ratings, even if you don't watch it. I've done that before. Anime hyper
boznia

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, this took me by surprise. I was just thinking yesterday that with Kekkaishi about to end, it could be a while before a replacement appears, but lo and behold, here we are. Even though I've seen Durarara, it's a show I'd like to see again dubbed (like FMA Brotherhood), so I'll be watching.

I'm simply glad Adult Swim is stilling showing any anime. Any anime on TV is good thing, even with the time slot.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

They should seriously look up Panty & Stocking though.

That would awesome, considering the humor & language. Black Lagoon would also be good to pick up Very Happy
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Okay...WHAT?!? I basically had this random thought in my head that Durarara would air on Adult Swim and THEN IT COMES TRUE?!?!?! But I have friends who are REALLY into this anime, so I should tell them about it! Maybe I'll DVR it if it airs after my birthday (June 25th). Very Happy
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Ya I didn't think any one was going to air this
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is an unlikely choice for Adult Swim, IMO, but that makes me very happy!

Looking forward to receiving my third set from TRSI which was in the mail on Friday.

I hope this does well on TV. That would be great!!

(... though, JMO; I think the show would do better if they run the first two eppies back-to-back. The first two eps kind of tie into each other in a way that foreshadows the non-linear storytelling of the series.)
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Well darn I have no cable/dish and I don't know when I'll be able to get the DVDs cause the next thing on my to buy list is Angel Beats Dx
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
well this is a shocker, I honestly thought adult swim stopped playing anime after FMA brotherhood finished, although honestly I stopped watching AS before brotherhood. the only shocker that'll be as surprising as this is when they boot it to the graveyard hour slot
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
So cool!! I hope it does really well and Aniplex and Adult Swim won't be disappointed in it. Smile
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote
y'know... maybe if this gets it enough of a fanbase maybe we can get the light novels next? yeah, unlikely, but a fan can dream, right?
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
It'd be nice if adult swim didn't just show anime on Saturdays only. They still do that....right?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
good news, but i still find the vastly overrated. Not worth watching after the first time imo, just wasnt enough content and the end result was pretty predictable. Baccano was far more unique and better imo
khadijah1415

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I LOVE DRRR!!! I thought AS wasn't gonna have any anime in the summer but DRRR is coming so I'm happy. I wanted them to put it on AS. My other dream is to put One Piece back on air that isn't edited for kids. I know it will never happen but Americans need to see the magic of One Piece. Durarara has26 but I've never seen episode 12.5. I mean if if it was that important it be a real episode, the special was so funny. I guess I'll watch the 12.5 episode on AS.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy they picked up another series and one that wasn't 50 episodes or more...
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I don't live in the US but I think this is good! Durarara is a title that I think will appeal to people with only a casual interest in anime. My brother who isn't really into anime anymore actually asked me to let him watch it with me when it was streaming on Crunchyroll. Durarara is that great a show =D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9