• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manifest 2006 (Melb, Australia)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjgeo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quote
I figured if there were any members from Melbourne or Australia in general they might want to know about this festival. I've been into anime for around 2 years and only missed it last year due to a lack of awareness, so I hope other new comers don't suffer the same fate.

Who: Manifest - Melbourne Anime Festival
What: Australian anime and Japanese culture event.
When: September 22, 23 and 24, 2006 (Fri-Sun)
Where: Melbourne University, Parkville Campus
Cost: Early Registration Closed.
Late Registration (Before Sep 2nd):
Weekend $30
Saturday $20
Sunday $20

On the Day:
Weekend $35
Saturday $25
Sunday $25

I don't know a whole lot about the event, but from what I've heard they get a decent crowd by Australian standards. The usual anime screenings, cosplay, trader stalls and whatever else it says on the website.

**Note, for the prices I can only guess that the reason there is no price for Friday only is because it isn't worth going then unless you are going to go on one or both of the other days too.
vroenis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Cheers for this one, I knew it was coming soon. I've actually never been as it's not really my thing, but a few friends are coming down from Daylesford and are all excited, so I'm playing tour-guide for the weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1