• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
It is probably the "royal we". In English Kings and Queens say we instead of I. Whoever did the translation probably figured that gods did as well.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
What's weird, though, is that Japanese has different self-referential pronouns that imply that kind of thing, but the characters aren't using them in the show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the "we" thing with the subs is a little strange, not sure if it is fitting but it is kind of distracting although it does add some godliness to their speech.

So is the brother special because he could see Uka for some time? Whatever I will totally like the pairing. I like how the story of why she went to Earth ended with the character spoiler[sadly remarking that she is a slave to the 2D]. Also old man spoiler[doing magical girl like pose], and lack of inhibition for the school girls to spoiler[beat up guys that try to get into private places.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
Whenever a character says "we", it always sounds like "walla walla" to my non-Japanese comprehending ears.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
What do y'all mean when you say you're having trouble getting used to the accents? I don't know Japanese so I would have no idea if the seiyuus are using accents or not.

They're essentially speaking in what we'd equivocate to a southern drawl. If you listen closely, you'll hear that some words have different syllabic emphases, and some common words are exchanged for others. I love hearing Kansai-ben, especially Kyoto dialects. I recommend watching that 'Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan"' series of shorts for a crash course on Osakans. I have no idea why people trashed that show, it was hilarious and informative.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:37 am Reply with quote
Actually, I did watch that show and enjoyed it. I'm not sure if an Osakan would agree it was "informative." I have a feeling they'd be rolling their eyes at what seem like some pretty broad stereotypical traits.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Touka was being uber creepy.
Don't get what his problem is with Uka.
I mean, he hung out with Uka and saw she was OK.
I just don't understand his skepticism about her.
Toshi and Touka are very similar when it comes to sisters.
The festival was really nice ^^
It was very rewarding watching Inari's wishes come true.
Such a sweet romance aww..
I really enjoyed this episode!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Is it just me or does spoiler[Akemi seem to have a thing for Sanjou? I mean by thing as in romance..]

spoiler[Inari's bro was quite the stalker this episode. Anyways, it also looks like Inari and Tanbabashi's relationship improved a bit so good for them]. I wonder if there will be any major obstacles coming between the duo soon
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 4:

I wonder if there will be any major obstacles coming between the duo soon

I hope not. Inari is just so adorable, especially in this episode. For once I would like to see a romance go well without complications. But I guess that goes against the conflict/resolution concept of storytelling Sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Inari's brother showingspoiler[ overprotective traits like Uka's] was kind of funny, well her reactions to it made me laugh, actually a number of her reactions made me laugh. Inari also gets along really well with Akemi, they were like best buds. I totally knew it was spoiler[Toshi who was coming up from behind, trying to sneak into the shrine].

Two major developments: Looks like Akemi has spoiler[fallen in love with Inari's friend, Sanjou, as if we did not have enough yuri this season], not that I am complaining. And Inari had a spoiler[great time with Tanbabashi], I was ready to call him a big idiot if he spoiler[did not see how into him she was, but it looked that by the end of it he was blushing too], although a little hard to tell with all the red.

But back on with the spoiler[yuri], it looks like Inari's other friend is spoiler[jealous or does not approve of Akemi's feelings]. Hmm, the spoiler[yuri pairing] actually appear alone together in the OP about 2:01 into this episode, so maybe acknowledgment.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Here's my fearless speculation (not based on any spoilers): Inari's bro and Mistress Uka will fall in love and she will give up her godly status to be with him. This will also solve the problem of how Inari normally wouldn't be able to remain friends with Uka once she loses the divine power Uka gave her.

Me so smaht!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Best wingmom 2014.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I dunno. She has some stiff competition from Honoka's (spoiler[lesbianic]) mom in Witch Craft Works.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I dunno. She has some stiff competition from Honoka's (spoiler[lesbianic]) mom in Witch Craft Works.

True true.

Edit: A certain mom from spoiler[Engaged to the Unidentified] can also be in the running for Best Wingmom.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote
Ha ha, I had thought of her, too. It's a strong season for Wing Moms!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7