• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest Series Creator: Next Game Is in Production

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Wake me when they localize it. We've already missed out on 5 games thanks to Squeenix's incompetence in realizing that we want more than Final Fantasy Sequel #24578 until Bravely Default came out and did well.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it's on a handheld or console, DQ should not be thrown under the bus and turned into a mobile only game. Also, please let it not be an MMO.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
I remember being hooked on DQVIII for PS2, have they been any good since then?

If you can find the 5th game for the ds I highly recommend it. By far it's one of the best games in franchise next to 8, 9 and 7.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Evil Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
hope this will not be realeas in many years lol
beacause of [expletive] Togashi
if not RIP HxH
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Wake me when they localize it. We've already missed out on 5 games thanks to Squeenix's incompetence in realizing that we want more than Final Fantasy Sequel #24578 until Bravely Default came out and did well.

You could at least get your facts checked before you place the blame. Dragon Quest doesn't do well in America. The last one they released here sold under 100K. You want to blame anyone, blame American gamers for not liking the series.

That being said, maybe Bravely Default will spur them to gamble with another localization, but I wont be too surprised if they dont bother.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

You could at least get your facts checked before you place the blame. Dragon Quest doesn't do well in America. The last one they released here sold under 100K. You want to blame anyone, blame American gamers for not liking the series.

That being said, maybe Bravely Default will spur them to gamble with another localization, but I wont be too surprised if they don't bother.

Well it didn't help that they Nintendo released DQ 6 after 9 was released in the west. Most gamer's I've talked to thought 6 shoudl have been released first or released at the the same time because vastly different 6 was from 9.

In terms of sale numbers from what I was able to gather DQ 9 sold 400,000 copies which is very impressive for a hand-held game. The zenithia trilogy sold okay from 4 to 5 but 6 sales where embarrassing.
DQ IV: 140,000 units,
DQ V: 80,000 units
DQ VI: sold a measly 40,000 units.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2