• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Namco EU Manager: May Consider Localizing Digimon Cybersleuth Based on Petition

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Namco hasn't really censored any of it's recent releases. They've had no problem releasing thier other anime games(based on series for children) getting a teen rating. So I'm not sure where this "they'll censor it" is coming from.Especially now that Namco seems open to it's more niche audiences. If it is a digital only title, it's not like Namco is going to be delusional to who's going to actually be buying it.

The only other anime games they have released in the west based on children's anime are Naruto and One Piece games, and both of those are aimed at adults in the states. One Piece and Naruto air on Adult Swim and have uncut dubs available. Digimon Xros Wars is airing on Nickelodoen and has no uncut dub available. It's pretty clear whoever is in charge of Digimon in the west is laser focused on the 2 - 12 audience. While the first Digimon World may have been rated T, the majority of the franchise has been E for Everyone. They're not going to treat this like a Naruto or One Piece game.

Who do you think is signing this petition and posting on the forums for the game? It sure as hell isn't a child. The game will be targeted as its intended audience, older teens/adults. How many children do you think actually own a Vita? Not very many I can bet.
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this petition finally does something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2