• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more
You are welcome to look at the talkback but please consider that this article is over 14 years old before posting.

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Streams 'Final' Japanese Trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
rainbowrabbit wrote:
Also, how do you know he/she isn't fluent in Japanese?

Because out of the 793,829 users on this site, precisely 793,825 don't speak/read/understand Japanese. "Wapanese" doesn't even remotely count, and if you don't believe the statistics, put them to the test. If someone uses google translate, I'll know.

There is literally zero sense in playing a role-playing-game if you don't understand the language. If you can't make out what they're saying, or what reads in that one menu over yonder, then all you're doing is mashing buttons and staring at pretty colors. You might as well drop acid - at least that would be a meaningfully life-changing experience. And then there's Donald and Goofy's Japanese voices... Or, as I like to call them, a critical occipital artery hemorrhaging event.

You say that you want to experience them in "their original states." Last I checked, Disney is by-large an American company. And Kingdom Hearts is, yup, a Disney franchise with characters that originated...yep, from properties right here.

So only 4 members here speak Japanese according to you. I’m pretty sure I know where you pulled that information out of, but I won’t use that kind of language here. And “Wapanese?” How condescending is that. I’ll say it again. This is an anime site. A lot of us watch and support foreign material we don’t understand. Me, I sometimes do it because I like to find differences between the English and Japanese versions. And in the past, I used to watch the French dub of Sailor Moon because I wanted to get a feel of the language since I considered studying it. There are a lot more examples I can bring up. But at the end of the day, what someone chooses to spend their money on is really none of your business regardless of whether it makes sense to you. I can’t stand people who pass judgment and think it’s their place to have an opinion on someone else’s interests. That has absolutely nothing to do with you. Also, I’m not sure why you felt the need to tell me Disney is an American company. Yeah, and Square Enix who Disney collaborated with on Kingdom Hearts is a Japanese company. So what.

KENZICHI wrote:
Well you're lucky you got to play them. Some fans may not have been able to get all the games which I'm sure you already know. I'm mostly thinking about the fans that never got to experience playing a FM game. That's why I'm SUPER excited about it~ I get to finally play the Final Mixes AND we get BBS on a console that's not handheld!? Count me in for the hype!

Granted I see why you aren't as excited as some. It feels different for us because there's still so much time left to go, but in Japan they only have one month left until they get this game. But still, 3 months fly by. It doesn't feel like an eternity that's for sure.

I’m not as enthusiastic as I’d like to be because we went months without hearing anything. And then all of a sudden, they announce it’s coming out in the US in about 5-6 months. If this was Kingdom Hearts III, I could handle it since that’s covering new ground. But this is a collection of previously released games, which means that all the promo videos and HD screenshots we’re getting teased with are a little uninspiring for me since they’re not exactly new. I’ll definitely get it since I love Kingdom Hearts. I just wish it was marketed a different way or announced a little closer to its release date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2