• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Times Anime Danced Its Butt Off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
^that reminds me of the Rosario Vampire disco opening. Great song and moves.
mangamuscle wrote:
What, no mention of Kill me Baby dancing sequence? Sacrilege!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBu20c5156U
Love that dance!!
I loved that scene from Beyond the Boundary (loved the show as well), and the Lucky Star dance is awesome, even though i don't watch the show. Also agree Hanayamata and GuP's anglerfish dance
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Another one that I would toss out for consideration is the Proprietess's fan dance from the Blade and Soul closer "Rainbow." You'll see few dances in anime that are as beautifully and meticulously-animated as this one.

That's not what I see. What are you looking at?

Because I prefer "fun", I offer up this: C Cubed opener Also has actual singing.

And because real people can't afford a choreographer, there's this to contrast Kyo Ani's "this happened, we swear it" three offerings:

Girl's High closing work.
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
Glad to see Another listed. That scene was awesome/hilarious.

Yeah, I loved that part. My first time watching Another, it was getting up to that part of the episode and I had just said to myself "if that was me, I would screw with the rest of the class" then the daydream dance scene happened.

It was perfect.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I have no real love for KissXSis, but the ending sequence "Our Steady Boy" is pretty nicely choreographed. There's two versions, I prefer the fall version with the different camera angles, but there's also the summer version with the single camera. It was a fairly popular dance for girls to imitate a few years back.

As nice as the Lucky Star dance is, everything is better with Decepticons in it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
I'd just seen the "Lucky Star" parody of "Transformers" and I'm just shocked at what I saw. I don't know whether to laugh or be just plain confused. That had to be one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in my life. Dancing Decepticons? That just takes weirdness to a whole new level.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Man, Lucky Star and Haruhi still need a bluray re-release in the west. After Bandai went under I've still been waiting for them to get picked up. They're classics dammit. (I'll throw in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, even though it's not relevant to this list). I recall seeing videos of those dances all the time on youtube... It was a dark time for geekdom.

Also Another... man, that dance came out of nowhere, and had absolutely nothing to do with anything. I can't help but feel like the animators were bored out of their minds. I really didn't care for the series; I feel like if there was more than one horror anime every two years then it wouldn't be looked at so fondly.
Apashi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess carameldansen doesn't count.

I had that one down pretty solid.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
Man, Lucky Star and Haruhi still need a bluray re-release in the west. After Bandai went under I've still been waiting for them to get picked up. They're classics dammit.

FUNimation picked up both of them back in August. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that K-ON! isnt on this list.

sure its a band type slice of life genre and all but it definitely had some dancing on it and its CD sales were just as good as Haruhi and Lucky Star.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4