• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece Gets 'Big News' in 30th Shonen Jump Issue on June 22

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:12 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
It's finally ending? Very Happy

If that's the case, I will literally $hit myself. But if it's something like the Straw Hats are getting a new crew mate, that would be awesome, too.
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 am Reply with quote
The big new is probably that Oda has decided that the story will continue for an additional 15 years longer than what he currently had planed!
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Miyazaki comes out of retirement to direct. "No one else could possibly do it justice," he says. "I will draw every frame myself." Oda's House Party goes on to win 50 Oscars, including Best Short Live Action Film, despite being animated and three hours long.

You sir, win the internet today Laughing

From the teasers that are present in the news tidbit, it would actually be a big relief if Dressrosa does finish next week. Perhaps this is why Oda took the week off. If you haven't been paying close attention, the chapters in the Dressrosa arc that have run after the breaks have usually been the best ones. Or perhaps we're getting a color spread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Zagnaphein wrote:
Anime goes on Hiatus for 1-2 years so the manga can get further material Smile

That would be amazing. The anime could suddenly become worth watching again.

As for the big news, it will probably be a new movie. Written by Oda.
So that's nice.
ostiniatoze

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
It's going to be Oda announcing his cyborg body upgrade.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Well, I guess this will make up for the one week break next time. I wonder what it will be though...another film? I honestly have no idea atm.

i would have to guess that it will either be a new movie or they will be a timeline on when the series will end and considering that its over 70 volumes, i would have to expect that the end for this series will draw near sooner than later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paulo27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:26 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
Zagnaphein wrote:

So that's nice.
No it wouldn't, Toei wouldn't suddenly get good at making anime.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
Ya know, I'm 90% sure it would never happen, but it'd be cool if Oda worked an arrangement like Bakuman, where he writes and "storyboards" but has someone else clean up his quick sketches. I think he tells a fantastic story, but while I've grown to be fond of his art, I know there's many people that find it to be a turn-off, and I assume that the drawing is more of a drain on him than the writing.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
Zagnaphein wrote:

So that's nice.

Most of the Anime only problems are from how close it is to the Manga and a strained production. give it time off, with some pre-production for when it comes back, maybe experiment a bit the style and execution.

Then bring it back with a large gap between show and Manga, no more slow pacing, animation and art for a time will be better than what it currently is.

Toei is a pretty competent studio as some of their works; Mononoke, Kyousogiga, Asura, Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
Zagnaphein wrote:

So that's nice.

Most of the Anime only problems are from how close it is to the Manga and a strained production. give it time off, with some pre-production for when it comes back, maybe experiment a bit the style and execution.

Then bring it back with a large gap between show and Manga, no more slow pacing, animation and art for a time will be better than what it currently is.

Toei is a pretty competent studio as some of their works; Mononoke, Kyousogiga, Asura, Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999.

HUGE LOL.

Are we watching the same anime or you just talking for the hell of it, this is not naruto, One Piece has never needed this supposed brakes you speak off in more than 15 years, this is a NON ISSUE for One Piece. Dunno what "slow" pace your are taking about. You must not know the manga /anime at all.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Toei won't stop one of their main caash cows, so I doubt therenwill be any break. But they might announce a series of compilation movies for Dressrosa arc, which might be a good thing.
RikudoAkatsuki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
Zagnaphein wrote:

So that's nice.

HUGE LOL.

Are we watching the same anime or you just talking for the hell of it, this is not naruto, One Piece has never needed this supposed brakes you speak off in more than 15 years, this is a NON ISSUE for One Piece. Dunno what "slow" pace your are taking about. You must not know the manga /anime at all.

You are delusional every episode is between 4-7 minutes of recap and an episode only covers one chapter. Lol you are the people that Toei love because you will support all their shit because it's one piece.

Yes I would rather have filler that I can skip than a 90+ chapter dressrosa arc done in 90+ episodes.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the series will finally end...nah who am I kidding its not 2050 yet.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
HUGE LOL.

17 pages of a Manga covers about half an episode, so 1 episode should have 2 chapters worth of material. With One Piece you're getting 1 chapter and a lot of added scenes or extended scenes, or in the worse case, long recaps.

You must really not watch it, if you can't see these glaring issues.
chex mix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
Zagnaphein wrote:

So that's nice.

HUGE LOL.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH +1 for comedy.

Yup, when every episode is 80% filler, and the upcoming chapters are going to be even worse to animate... YUP, NO PACING PROBLEMS, NOTHING TO SEE HERE. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4