• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Browser Freezes on Public Anime List

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m00nshine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Everytime i try to access the Public Anime Lists, the page freezes and my whole browser shuts down (locks up and has to be shut down). I run Win XP Pro SP2 and i use IE 7 for browser. Anyone else having this problem?

[Edit: Topic Adjusted -t]
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's working fine for me. I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 and Firefox 2.0.0.1. However, to run a test I loaded IE7 and decided to try going there with that and it did lock up and I had to force the browser to close. So it looks like it's likely an issue specific to IE7.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I also use IE7, and the same thing happened to me when I tried to access the Public Lists, but I waited for a little bit and the page eventually loaded (it took almost ten minutes for that to happen, though). It's most likely a problem with IE7, since the Public Anime page loads up fine on other browsers.

Last edited by Miho on Wed May 23, 2007 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Using Mac OS X 10.4.8 and Firefox 2.0.0.1, my browser doesn't crash. However, the list showed up for about a second or two before the field where content would normally be shown went completely blank. It slowed my browser a bit too, making me think it might crash, but it didn't.
m00nshine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quote
If it is indeed an IE7 problem then i wonder if it has anything to do with the new security settings that are included with the browser. Is there anything vastly different with the coding on the Public lists then there is with the rest of the site?
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue. Using Windows XP with whatever Web browser came with AT&T Yahoo DSL. I believe the file is called ybrowser.exe.

I don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but the lists to add an anime under the My Anime categories load very slow for me.

-Murph
undeadben

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
Not the same but I am having this issue in firefox:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/undeadben/anne.jpg

When I go to public anime lists it ends there, the rest is all blue. I was having a similar issue last week that turned out to be my browser, but I got rid of everything and re-installed firefox and it was working fine but now I'm seeing this. Anyone else see it because I've been racking my head as to how to correct it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1