• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
All Out!! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote

All Out!! (TV)

Genres: Tournament
Themes:

Plot Summary: Kenji Gion is a short first-year high school student. On his first day in Kanagawa Prefectural High School, he meets the tall Sumiaki Iwashimizu during a game of rugby. Kenji strikes a friendship with Sumiaki, and soon joins the rugby club.
----------------------------------

Sports theme anime with rugby. Preview released recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCphOtfPpsU
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Good start so far, the OP song works fine imo for the series.

The comedy is funny so far imo, especially with how Gion interacted with others.

Animation quality looks decent by Madhouse. They didn't get much into the rugby yet but seeing as it's a 2-cour, they have plenty of time to. I haven't read too much into the manga so pretty curious to see how the rest of the episodes will play out. There's some emotions already so I also expect more drama to build up between classmates and rugby. Looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Tree Trunk is already starting to get on my nerves. I hope he shapes up soon.

Speaking of shaping up, the character designs are freaking me out. I'm mostly fine with the balloon butts, but the balloon pecs are unsettling. And the mophead's hair looks like his 5 yr old sister got carried away with the hair extensions while using him to play Barbie Hair Salon. Is there a story behind why they're gray and sticking out like springs?

Can someone please explain their uniforms to me? I thought the black bands were just spandex undies that were longer than the outer shorts, but at least 2 players reveal they're actually like garters that aren't holding anything up. What are they for and why do those two wear them lower than everyone else?

Never mind, I guess it's to help lift them during line-outs, which I assume will be explained down the road. Who knew this would have elements of Cheer Boys in it? Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 2 was okay, felt like pacing is a little slow though. We got training and buildup for an upcoming match.

One thing I do want to mention is that Gion is the type of guy that isn't afraid to take on challenges so he always seems confident about what he faces.

Can't wait for the upcoming match. I hope it will be exciting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Oh boy, I hope Gion learned something from watching that game. Keijo (lol, funny name considering there's an anime of the same name this season) is a powerhouse school with guys juiced with muscles.

Then again, some guys got determination to face them and I gotta admire them a bit for that. I like how the show capitalized a bit on Iwashimizu's height. That's definitely an advantage in rugby.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:02 am Reply with quote
This episode raises the question: what in the hell happened to Sekizan's hair?! Now we know it wasn't always like that.

Hopefully Iwashimizu is over his moping phase now. I don't think I could take much more of that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Decent episode especially with the way Gion played out there against some of the more experienced players.

I like how the episode wasted little time covering the plays and strategies. Still, I think this game is just the tip of the iceberg for now and we'll see bigger and more intense plays in the future. Impressed by what Gion accomplished this episode though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
Man, Ōharano struts like a runway model. Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

I feel like there's a psychology that the new coach Shingo is been drilling into the heads of these rugby players. Make no mistake though, that training looked pretty rough.

I like the buildup this week overall. The coach seems to be quite experienced and although harsh, he is right about some facts that the team need to learn when playing.

Lol, couldn't take that lunch scene serious. These guys were like Saiyans.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
Actual coaching in a sports show! Be still my heart!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I'm starting to like Ebumi more and more now. He may have the bad boy attitude but he's also pretty determined at what he does.

His past is a bit shady though and obviously gives off that delinquent vibe. However, I like how aggressive play style. If only he got along a bit better with his teammates though. The coach is still pretty strict although I think it's necessary for the team.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
I like that no matter how filthy they get, the ball is always pristine. Must be coated with anti-dirt Teflon or something. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Tbh, I think the episode should make Gion realize that rugby isn't just about tackling.

The essence of teamwork is very important. Pacing wise, I think the show is working so far. When the coach blamed Gion for the reason their team is losing, I think it was just a way to get him to realize his mistakes rather than humiliating him. The coach has a lot of more experience and facts speaks for themselves by what he said about Gion's progress. Gion has to expand his ability beyond just tackling and work for the TEAM rather than himself.

I'm starting to like this coach more and more now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1