• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hero TV Reveals Anime Slated to Air in 2017

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:03 am Reply with quote
Finally, Hero TV is getting around to the Love Live! movie and Sunshine.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
It's funny, I was in Cebu, Philippines a couple of days ago and saw the HERO channel. Sure enough they had Love Live and Bodacious Space Pirates, and they were advertising Gargantia. Here in Davao now for the week, but they don't have the HERO channel. Wish they had the HERO channel in the U.S.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Those are some great choices made by the Philippines. I have not watched Hero TV for like a couple of years now but this is probably the channel's strongest line-up ever. With the line-up almost filled with just-recent shows, this demonstrates that the country is catching up with rest of the world. I am so happy that the Filipinos are going to get more Love Live! Bones, Orange, and Arslan are great picks.

However, one anime from the list shocked me and that is Pandora in the Crimson Shell. When I saw that as one of the upcoming anime, I was like,,,,

I love Pandora very much but having that lewd anime to be aired in the country is very surprising. I mean, how will the TV channel handle the fingering transformation scene? I did not watch the Flip dub of Prism Illya. I wonder if they removed all of the lewd scenes including the kissing ones.
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
Most likely they'll heavily censor it, which they did when they aired Date A Live.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:27 am Reply with quote
It looks like the Philippines are going to be getting themselves some anime on one of their TV stations. To be honest,I've never heard of HERO TV before now. I'd probably have to get a international pack from either a satellite or my cable company if I wanted to watch something like that. Well,among the anime they getting is called "91 Days,"and it got me thinking. How are the Filipinos feel about an anime version of "The Godfather?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1