• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Adds Gantz:O CG Anime Film With English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRPictures

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
Damn... this complicates things. Now I won't be satisfied until I get my hands on all version of the dub. It sounds like there are now 3 dubs?

1) Japanese produced international dub
2) US English dub directed by Bob Buchholz
3) Whatever is showing on Netflix, which sounds like some weird combination of the two?

Wasn't there some Japanese live-action film where they wouldn't allow one of the actors to be dubbed over? As in, it was part of the license contract that that character could not be dubbed. I don't remember which movie that was now...

Have we seen anything absolutely confirming that Laura and Cristina really recorded for this movie? Maybe they were prevented from doing so because some contractual restriction like I mentioned. In that case, there is really only 2 version of the dub and only the credits and cast list are wrong. Cristina said "I'm not in the version that they have up on the site," which seems to imply she did record for some version (but maybe one we'll never see). But Laura said "Dunno why my name is in the credits," which almost seems to suggest she didn't record for this at all.

Until we get more answers, anything regarding a contract is just hypothetical.

And the way Laura worded her tweet makes me think she did record for the film.

Quote:
Actually it's not me in that dub. No idea who it is. Maybe the Japanese actress? Dunno why my name is in the credits. Sorry!

Between specifically saying 'that dub' and then questioning if the Japanese actress was in her role instead. Seems reasonably clear to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2