• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Everything You Need to Know about MANGA Plus by Shueisha

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:21 am Reply with quote
So I would need a smart phone to use this? If so, that's a deal breaker since I don't have one and the screen would be too small for me to read manga on anyway. I have enough trouble on a computer screen I can zoom. Oh well, sounds like a good thing for the majority of folks anyway. Smile
NicoKurosawa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
So I would need a smart phone to use this? If so, that's a deal breaker since I don't have one and the screen would be too small for me to read manga on anyway. I have enough trouble on a computer screen I can zoom. Oh well, sounds like a good thing for the majority of folks anyway. Smile
I mostly read on an 8 inch tablet, that's not much different than physical releases, and you can zoom in on the app as well. But no, you can use their website too.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/#/updates
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
No tablet either, but with a book I can bring it closer to my nose. Smile

I tried the website earlier (is it just my blindness or is there no link for it in the everything-you-need-to-know article?) and just got a black screen. But after fiddling around with permissions for awhile I finally got it to load. Looks good! I like the endless scroll, which is great for manga reading. Don't know how much I'll use it because time and difficulty parsing b/w manga drawings if they're too busy, but it's nice to have the option. Thanks for the push!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2