• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel PS4 Game Launches in West in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenRen94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm a weak bitch. I want it, and I still haven't finished my Vita copies, let alone the first game.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
been waiting for a set date....each time gamestop's placeholder dates kept disappointing me. jan 22- pushed backed, feb 12-pushed back, march 12-pushed back.

now too find out the volume 2s set date Razz and i gotta feeling the 3rds november 1 release date isnt set either, least i already got my collectors edition for that reserved before it sold out.
makoto99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Has there been any mention yet of whether NISA's TOCS 3 will import save data from Xseed's PS4 versions of TOCS 1 and/or 2? I played and finished both 1 and 2 on Vita and PC, so it doesn't seem like there's much reason for me to play the PS4 versions unless I can import the saves.

I guess I'd be surprised if the save data did transfer since it's NISA vs. Xseed, but it seems like it might lead to some clunky dialogue situations for people who did play 1 and 2... also I'm assuming the Japanese TOCS3 imported save data from 2, but maybe it didn't either.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
makoto99 wrote:
Has there been any mention yet of whether NISA's TOCS 3 will import save data from Xseed's PS4 versions of TOCS 1 and/or 2? I played and finished both 1 and 2 on Vita and PC, so it doesn't seem like there's much reason for me to play the PS4 versions unless I can import the saves.

I guess I'd be surprised if the save data did transfer since it's NISA vs. Xseed, but it seems like it might lead to some clunky dialogue situations for people who did play 1 and 2... also I'm assuming the Japanese TOCS3 imported save data from 2, but maybe it didn't either.

There's no save carryover at all between 2 and 3, for any version of the game.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I will get these remakes eventually.

I enjoyed the 1 and II so I want to play them again remastered.

Of course looking forward to playing II and hopefully IV at some point.
makoto99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
There's no save carryover at all between 2 and 3, for any version of the game.

Okay great, thanks! That makes me feel less bitter about potentially losing backstory from my previous playthroughs.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:54 pm Reply with quote
makoto99 wrote:
I played and finished both 1 and 2 on Vita and PC, so it doesn't seem like there's much reason for me to play the PS4 versions unless I can import the saves..

I'm a sucker and i gotta buy the upgraded version of any game i enjoyed, i played the vita versions multiple times and i gotta have this!

come to think of it, its just the year of upgrading old video games for me. just got Steins gate elite, tales of vesperia and ff 9, along with ff 7 , 10, catherine , grandia 1 and 2....not to mention these games Razz all coming out
GNPixie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 pm Reply with quote
makoto99 wrote:

There isn't a transfer for 1/2 to 3 but there is bonuses like early access to max Bonding Points for having a 3 save for the 1/2 Kai JP re releases. I'm curious to see if that's still present in the English given the split.
tomdean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Finally the Japanese original voices...the dub was so cringey the only way to play it was all voice volume off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1