• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Charapedia: Here's The Most Anticipated Anime for Spring 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Carole and Tuesday, Sarazanmai, Bocchi and Senryuu Girl. And since the 2nd season of of Aikatsu Friends is missing from the poll, I also voted for Fairy Gone, but I'm actually holding out for that one, I want to see some impressions about it first. We'll see about the rest, but so far nothing else piqued my interest.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, Fairy Gone, Gunjō no Magmell, and Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san.

Super_M wrote:
Hatsu95 wrote:
> We Never Learn before One Punch Man

People complain about One Punch Man PV.
The recent promo videos for the second season of One Punch Man are certainly getting a mixed reception. I thought One Punch Man had a good twist on the hero story but a lot of the praise it got was directly related to the animation quality. It will be interesting to see what people say about the second season.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan 3 part 2 is definitely my most anticipated. After that I'd say Bungou Stray Dogs, Sarazanmai, and Fruits Basket, then Kimestu no Yaiba. I would include Carole and Tuesday, but Netflix has it, which means I won't be seeing it this season, and so it isn't really a show that I am anticipating for the spring. I'll definitely check it out whenever it does come out though.

Rika Hue wrote:
Shometsu Toshi is Madhouse's anime for the season, so people yearning for the Onepunman animation goodness will find it here, I suspect!

Going by the PV, I'm not convinced that people looking for animation at the same level as or even close to One Punch Man's first season will find it in Shometsu Toshi. I'm not saying it's bad, just that One Punch Man's first season is a very high bar, and I don't think Shometsu Toshi (or the second season) reaches that bar, as far as I have seen at least. I think it shows the flaws of only looking at the studio to set expectations for quality, whereas only a few studios really have such consistency in animation quality, style or almost anything else, and even those can change over time. One Punch Man was an outlier itself in that regard among Madhouse's repertoire, especially those afterward. Even ACCA, also directed by Natsume Shingo at Madhouse, was not at the same level as the first season, even accounting for the differences in genre. Madhouse does still do some good work, but they aren't the same after much of their talent left to form various offshoot studios, MAPPA being the most prominent.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:30 pm Reply with quote
The top five spring shows I'm most looking forward to are Fruits Basket, Sarazanmai, Carol and Tuesday, Demon Slayer, and Ultraman.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Kimetsu and Bungo are the 2 major titles that matter. Anything else good is a nice bonus.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
remove OPM because people are hating so it's not the most anticipated anymore lmao
Sekaro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh will you look at that? The ones I'm confirmed gonna check out are at the top 4 spots. Other than those, I'm interested in checking out the most ambitious crossover in anime history and maybe Fairy Gone.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan S3 Part 2---not just because I want to watch it, but because Attack on Titan is my most anticipated ongoing manga release every month & I can't wait to get into more meaty plot discussions with anime-only fans.

Carole & Tuesday---Watanabe + sci fi + music is a win.

7SEEDS: More fantastical shojo series, please!

One Punch Man: ...the gimmick gets tired, but it's still funny.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
Spring 2019 anime that I plan to watch are "Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai", "Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger", "Fairy gone", "Fruits Basket", "Kenja no Mago, "Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma", "RobiHachi", and "Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2".
"Gunjou no Magmel" is a possibility. "Fairy gone" is my most-anticipated and I hope Amazon Prime, Crunchyroll, Sentai, or Funi gets. I excluded Hulu as that now is a mostly Disney company (I have been very much against the Disney-Fox merger for months).
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:06 am Reply with quote
Demon slayer
Fruits basket
One punch man
Kenjo no Majo
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2