• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:21 pm Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:
As I suspected, this volume is being rushed.

Seriously, that new girl in Kanami's group went the whole episode with only a single line: "Okay". I barely remember who she is or why she joined them, and I watched S2 in January.

Yeah, I was really hoping for them to at least touch on the fact that, if I'm remembering correctly, she's spoiler[a bot], because that also brings up interesting issues about how things have changed in the game world. But I'll settle for a well-done Elias storyline, which I'm hoping we get.
Hal14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
HAL14 wrote:
As I suspected, this volume is being rushed.

Seriously, that new girl in Kanami's group went the whole episode with only a single line: "Okay". I barely remember who she is or why she joined them, and I watched S2 in January.

Yeah, I was really hoping for them to at least touch on the fact that, if I'm remembering correctly, she's spoiler[a bot], because that also brings up interesting issues about how things have changed in the game world. But I'll settle for a well-done Elias storyline, which I'm hoping we get.

I wasn't even talking about Coppelia, although I do wish the series delved more into her being a spoiler[bot]. I was talking about the brunette with the odango hair.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:50 pm Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:

I wasn't even talking about Coppelia, although I do wish the series delved more into her being a spoiler[bot]. I was talking about the brunette with the odango hair.

Ohhh, the lady from the Wolf Cavalry guild! Man, you're right, they did nothing with her to the point where I completely forgot about her being in the episode. Yikes.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:50 am Reply with quote
I just found it amusing that one of the lieutenants of D.D.D was a Day care teacher. Must be hard to balance the work and game

Outside of that, I found the Marten spirits adorable as heck and Kanami seems to have an lively personality

As for Elias, i can definitely see the conflict, he's set up to be one of the heroes of the game, a game that lets people become heroes themselves. The feeling of diminishment must be real
minamikaze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Review wrote:
That conversation does, however, dovetail nicely with Krusty figuring out how to find the needed loopholes in his status ailment in order to survive his fight with Youren and to take her down. (Although he may have a wriggling bit of her still…?)

I'm pretty sure that the "wriggling bit" is actually Misa's arm that was caught up in the phenomenon which arose from the flavor text of Misa's weapon that spirited Krusty away from the Yamato server.

Krusty had it with him in the final episode of season 2 when Shiroe and everyone talk to Kanami via the satellite relay and she tells them that Krusty is with her.

It was disguised as the wolf. That's why Krusty's memory of Misa appears when the wolf dies. If you look very closely at the bottom of the screen at 13:48, you can see the hand from the arm on the ground right after the wolf evaporates.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:24 am Reply with quote
minamikaze wrote:

It was disguised as the wolf. That's why Krusty's memory of Misa appears when the wolf dies. If you look very closely at the bottom of the screen at 13:48, you can see the hand from the arm on the ground right after the wolf evaporates.

Do we get an explanation on how that arm became an intelligent wolf at some point???
minamikaze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
minamikaze wrote:

Do we get an explanation on how that arm became an intelligent wolf at some point???

Perhaps it was created as part of the contract that sealed Krusty's memories, and his memories of Misa were used to create it? He was finally able to clearly remember her after the wolf evaporated.

That's only speculation though. I haven't read the light novels.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:09 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
HAL14 wrote:

Ohhh, the lady from the Wolf Cavalry guild! Man, you're right, they did nothing with her to the point where I completely forgot about her being in the episode. Yikes.

but the real question is that coppelia's origin about being spoiler[ an NPC famer bot ] have been stated long since episode 14 of season 2 aka the kanami ep! so why give her identity the spoiler treatment!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
[
but the real question is that coppelia's origin about being spoiler[ an NPC famer bot ] have been stated long since episode 14 of season 2 aka the kanami ep! so why give her identity the spoiler treatment!?

Uh...Erring on the side of caution? Laughing Embarassed Nah, I just spaced out for a moment there and forgot it came up in season two. Oops.
Hal14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
jr240483
Quote:

@princess_irene used spoilers so I decided to follow her lead.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 am Reply with quote
thats no surprise. its been so long that the series had any news that most people forgot! especially with the possibility that the series might not even continue due to the light novel author's previous legal issues!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:52 pm Reply with quote
So far I don't care for those sisters too much, but I really appreciated seeing a (former) NPC remember a player and apologizing for putting them through repeated fetch quests.
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
So far I don't care for those sisters too much, but I really appreciated seeing a (former) NPC remember a player and apologizing for putting them through repeated fetch quests.

That was so cool. And it kind made me feel bad for them. Imagine getting all the hate when some otherworldly force (game designers) is ultimately responsible for scripting the fate of your actions.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote
It was heartbreaking seeing those memories shatter before everyone's eyes. I hope that unlike when they die and get resurrected, this isn't a permanent memory loss Anime cry
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:59 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
It was heartbreaking seeing those memories shatter before everyone's eyes. I hope that unlike when they die and get resurrected, this isn't a permanent memory loss Anime cry

considering on how death works in this series, its more likely they ARE!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3