• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RetroCrush, Crunchyroll Stream Dirty Pair TV Series (Updated)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikarisama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wow it only costs $275.000, possible less given Kickstarts cut and rewards, to dub an entire 2 cour show, I knew dubbing was cheap, but not that cheap.

Funny you call that "cheap", since that's actually the most expensive goal ever for an English dub anime Kickstarter campaign. All of the ones previously done (Emma, Aria, Escaflowne, Skip Beat!) were all asking for more than half of what Dirty Pair is asking for. That's not to say that those previous dubs were "cheaply produced", either, but rather I think this might be reflecting that Right Stuf/Nozomi is asking for fans to pitch in more for the overall cost of producing the dub this time around, compared to previous crowdfunding campaigns.

It sounds like the Music and Effects tracks were lost, so the higher cost is likely in due to Nozomi needing to create new ones which can be costly.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:35 pm Reply with quote
ikarisama wrote:
It sounds like the Music and Effects tracks were lost, so the higher cost is likely in due to Nozomi needing to create new ones which can be costly.

Nope, the video on the KS page says that they managed to actually find the old M&E track, which is why they can now dub it. My guess is that it might have been another one of those miraculous finds that came about alongside the discovery of the film masters for Project A-Ko & MADOX-01.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:11 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I didn't get this news until just now, and thank you Crunchyroll and Retrocrush for getting Dirty Pair TV series on there. I've been wanting to watch this show for a while now (well, I was watching the first 2 episodes on Youtube courtesy of Nozomi Entertainment), but now I can watch the whole TV show in full glory.

Many thanks!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:50 am Reply with quote
I have the entire Dirty Pair series (excluding Flash) on DVD. I'll drop $60 on this to get the Bluray in English!
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Super cool they've decided to do a kickstarter for a dub on this show! I didn't particularly love the show, but liked it enough to watch it at least once more.

That reminds me that I still have to contact Nozomi though, my name was left out of the Backer Credits while I pledged over 50 bucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2