• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ADV Manga That's Started Again

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
To basically repeat what I said in another thread. It's about freaking time ADV got it's act together and started releasing some more Gunslinger Girl. I almost bought the Japanese volumes off of eBay just so I could sort of find out what happened.

I just hope people who bought the first three volumes buy the new ones.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
So it looks like Gunslinger Girl really is continuing. It's about damn time.

I'll have to pick up Yostuba& one of these days, it looks like a cute series.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise!

I don't collecting anything from ADV Manga other than CHS, but it's good to see them releasing them again. It's about time, ADV.

Ichigo77 wrote:
I didn't even know the Sugar manga was out in english. I just saw vol 3 on the new release shelf at Borders. I thought the Maburaho manga came out over a year ago so I find it wierd ADV still hasn't updated their manga page. Also what anime is your avatar from Buster Blader?

My avy is Pricilla, from Gun X Sword. (Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I kind of forgot about this thread. Anime hyper)
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, I might finally pick Gunslinger Girl up then, to hopefully have this development continue Smile
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I have to say that it'll be quite nice to continue on with Gunslinger Girl, not to mention Yotsuba?!
madscientist

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote
I am certainly happy about Yotsuba continuing as well. I was really disappointed initially when it looked as though ADV had stopped Yotsuba altogether.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I was so excited that Yotsuba?! was coming out again, when I was looking at the previews last week, I yelled out loud and the people in the store looked at me funny. Still it's really exciting, I love that series, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
In the past week, I've noticed several different stores suddenly have Gunslinger Girl 1-3 in stock again. It would certainly make sense for ADV to send out more copies of the old volumes right before they release the new ones.

EDIT: Oh, and TRSI has volume 4 listed for a June 30th release. HELL YES! Very Happy
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
In the past week, I've noticed several different stores suddenly have Gunslinger Girl 1-3 in stock again. It would certainly make sense for ADV to send out more copies of the old volumes right before they release the new ones.

EDIT: Oh, and TRSI has volume 4 listed for a June 30th release. HELL YES! Very Happy
Oh yeah, now I can finally find out how all that stuff with Pinocchio went down. And, you know, everything else with the series. While I'm miffed it took them so long, I'm going to take a moment and say "THANK YOU ADV!"

Man, I can't wait to have this one in my hands! Anime hyper Anime catgrin
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Are there only 6 volumes(of GS Girl)? I have ordered the next 3 but I heard there are meant to be 7, did I just miss one?
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
Are there only 6 volumes(of GS Girl)? I have ordered the next 3 but I heard there are meant to be 7, did I just miss one?

No, there are have been more than six volumes released. Actually, it seems that an eighth volume was released just last March.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Gunslinger Girl comes out very slowly. I think it's one of those series that has a chapter released every month or so. (I won't swear to it, but I seem to remember reading something along those lines.) Due to the slow speed of the actual chapters being released, the series takes a while to fill a tankoubon.

In other words, since it takes a while each collected volume to come out, people have a tendency to go "oh, it's only X number of volumes," not realizing that there are more coming.

Someone with better information correct me if I'm wrong. Anime smile + sweatdrop
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
According to the ANN entry, new volumes come out in Japan in 7-8 month intervals. Volume 1 has 5 chapters and the other two have 6 chapters. I'm guessing most or all of the subsequent volumes have 6. So, either its monthly and every once and a while there is an issue with no new chapter or the tankobans just get farther and farther behind the serialized chapters. I'm guessing its the former. I'm guessing the magazine (and probably others as well) have a different author take a break each issue as time off and they rotate out (i.e. Author A gets one issue off then Author B gets the next month off, etc.). I've suspected this to be the case with Negima as well; when I was trying to figure out whether the series was weekly or bi-weekly neither one added up otherwise.
Truered

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I was pointed to this topic in my Yotsuba thread- but it was reading this that made me decide to purchase the first three volumes in the first place. Really glad that it may continue as it is adorable and quite amusing.

Might have a look at gunslinger girl somewhere along the line too.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Truered wrote:
I was pointed to this topic in my Yotsuba thread- but it was reading this that made me decide to purchase the first three volumes in the first place. Really glad that it may continue as it is adorable and quite amusing.

Might have a look at gunslinger girl somewhere along the line too.

Now that Yotsuba is going to continue, I think I might start reading it now. I love AzuDai, so I'm sure I'll like Yotsuba. The only problem is find that elusive first volume. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'll probably just order it online. Same with Gunslinger Girl. Love the anime, and since the I've heard that the manga is still going, why not check it out as well?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5