• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sackie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ben

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Married + 2 babies

Ethnicity: white

Religion: Christian

Drink/Smoke: Yes / No

Likes: My Family, my job, video games, art, cold beer on a hot day

Dislikes: bare feet in public, tornadoes, hippies, bare feet in public

Favorite Anime: Samurai 7, Ninja Scroll, Samurai X, Akira

Favorite Manga: I don't really read it

Favorite Books: Anything John Fante or Charles Bukowski

Favorite games: Final Fantasy(s), the Chronos, Shining Force, COD4, Saint's Row, Silent Hill(s), Metal Gear(s), Resident Evil(s), Fatal Frame, Oddworld

Favorite TV shows: Simpsons, Futurama, Arrested Development, the Office (US & Eng),

Favorite Movies: Too many to name

Favorite Drink: Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Crown Royal, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Mexican, Sushi

Favorite Sites: kotaku.com, wwtdd.com, gorillamask.net, ign.com, imdb.com, interpunk.com

Favorite Sport (to watch): hockey

Favorite Sport (to play): hockey

Favorite Music: punk

Job: Environmental Artist

Facts:

- I make video games for a living

- I live in the windiest f'n place on the planet. the weather turns on you like that *snaps*

Favorite Quotes: ...and boners (tacked on to the end of every sentence) it's an inside joke.
Marik101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
Name: Maximillion (Max) Soane Senituli Mala'efo'ou

blood type: O

age 18

pets: a cat named moose and a dog named killa (tongan for scar face)

ethnicty: 1/2 tongan 1/2 New Zealand

religion: none im shopping around through. buddist looks good

drink/smoke no and no

likes: anime, video games, my family, friends Japaneses stuff

dislikes: people who lie, stupid people, small minded people, bigots

favorite animes: neon genesis evangelion, full metal panic fumoffu, scrapped princess, steel angel karumi, my hime, naruto, one piece.

favorite manga: we dont get them down here Sad

favorite games: final fantasy IIV grand theft auto, gun grave, suikoden, street fighter, soul calibur, dynasty warriors.

favorite tv shows/movies: bah i dont watch tv but movies are terminator 2, anything with jackie chan or bruce lee, the unforgiven, rambo, rocky.

favorite websites: anime news network, myspace, wwe forum, youtube, madman entertainment.

favorite music: anything really I've got anime soundtracks and I've got pavarotti

job: temporary worker

hobbies: video games, watching anime,hanging with friends, movies,

fun facts: i have a little sister who makes me watch panyo panyo di gi charat with her (which i secretly injoy)
i lived in japan for 3 years until 9
i have a scar on my right ankle where i was bitten during a amature wrestling match and a scar on the bottom of my left foot from kicking him in the mouth
and if you believe my mum i had my first fight when i was 2
i head butted another kid for taking my lego bricks

favorite quote:
from full metal panic fumoffu: dont deceive dont be deceived, dont show weakness show your spirit.
LdyGodiva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Name: Sam

Sex: Female

blood type: No clue

pets: Cats

ethnicty: Caucasian/White

religion: Raised Catholic

drink/smoke: Yes/Yes

dislikes: Sad movies/People who cheat/People who treat others like crap

favorite animes: InuYasha/Marmalade Boy/SuperGals/DN Angel

favorite manga: Haven't read one yet

favorite games: Legend of Zelda:Ocarina/Doctor Mario/Mario Kart/Final Fantasy/Pittfall

favorite tv shows/movies: Waaaay too many to post Very Happy

favorite websites: Not sure I really have any favorites

favorite music: Not really big into music

job: Receptionist (aka getting screamed at by rude people doormat type of person)

hobbies: Watching tv & movies/Cooking/Gardening

fun facts: I'll have to think about that one...

favorite quote: Not really favorite, but the first one that comes to mind is..... "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
LdyGodiva wrote:
favorite quote: Not really favorite, but the first one that comes to mind is..... "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Very Happy
LdyGodiva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
LdyGodiva wrote:

Very Happy hee hee hee.... good catch!
sackie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
LdyGodiva wrote:
ManOfRust wrote:
LdyGodiva wrote:

Very Happy hee hee hee.... good catch!

Who are you?

I'm your king.

Well I didn't vote for you.
LdyGodiva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote
Optix wrote:
He has kept every single ticket stub from every movie that he and his wife have ever seen.

That's got to be one of the sweetest things I've heard in awhile Very Happy

Luxa wrote:
For example
It took me 4 years and perhaps 10+ rereads to realise that Fordo was, in fact Frodo. It was a big surprise.

Ha ha ha, that's great!!
Zeller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Name: Tony

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Religion: I don't follow organized religion. I'm spiritual in my own ways.

Drink/Smoke: Stopped drinking after one of my kidneys gave out. I still have the occasional glass to relax. Just recently quit smoking. If you do smoke, quit as soon as you can, it's the worst thing I've ever done to myself.

Likes: Music of all kinds, Video Games, Anime and Manga of course, and people. I believe we are all capable of great things, and the individuality of each person just makes me want to get to know everyone a little better.

Dislikes: Ignorance.......and sushi.

Favorite Anime:Love Hina, Shakugan no Shana, Fruits Basket, Claymore......there's really a lot that I can't decide between.

Favorite Manga: I think the only manga I've read all the way through is Love Hina.

Favorite Books: There used to be so many of these, now 2 years out of high school I can barely remember any of them.

Favorite games: Metal Gear Solid series, hands down. (June 12th is soon Anime smile)

Favorite TV shows: Never really watched much TV.

Favorite Movies: Jesus, don't get me started here lol. I'll just pick my top two. Gladiator, and Boondock Saints.

Favorite Drink: You know what people with broken kidneys drink? Water... and cranberry juice.

Favorite Foods: Put me in an all you can eat Italian restaurant and I'll prove to you that a human can explode from eating too much.

Favorite Sites: All of the web comics that I read, Myspace (www.myspace.com/pokeraddict12) Wikipedia, TV Links, Ichigo's Sheet Music, NIN Sheet Music and many others haha

Favorite Sport (to watch): NFL.

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball, and occasionally Volley ball can be fun with the right friends or family.

Favorite Music: Anything but the new rap that's being made these days. I'm very open to all kinds of music.

Job: I'm a Student, and I work a full time job. It's nothing special....I just make sandwiches. Whatever pays the bills, right?

Fun Facts:

-I cannot gain weight, even if I try. I'm 6,0 Athletic built, but I only weigh 135 lbs.

-I've eaten ramen nearly everyday since I was about 5, well before I ever knew about anime or Japanese culture.

-I've been told that I'm way too nice by my close friends and family, and exactly the opposite by the people who have done me wrong in the past.

-I don't want any fancy jobs, or even to make a whole lot of money. All I want is to one day settle down with the woman I love and live a happy life, even if it is as simple as it can get.

Favorite Quotes: "When you want to be closer to someone, reach out to them."
glassofmeat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Might as well do this.

Name: Scott

sex: male

martial status: single...

ethnicity: white

religion: christian

drink/smoke: drink. Don't smoke.

likes: atlus games, music, metal gear solid, video games in general,
the womens, call of duty 4, drums, drums, drums, oh did I say drums? Oh, and bad movies and anime.

dislikes: wal-mart, bad food, manga cows, stuck up cosplayers, and
filler.

favourite anime: hard to decide between fate/stay night, and
azumanga daioh.

favourite manga: Yotsuba&! (it's adorable, I can't help it).

favourite book: illiad & the odyssey

favourite game: call of duty 4. I keep getting called cheap and
getting booted off servers though Sad

favourite tv show: deadliest catch. Seriously, crab fishing is
awesome.

favourite music: metal, jazz, progressive. Anything technical really.

fun facts:
My interest in anime was because of my mom who got me hooked
on robotech when I was but a young lad.

I look either smug or angry when i'm really quite pleasent and
nice.

Still undefeated in guilty gear and arcana hearts. (no, I don't do
tournaments, I suck).

Favourite quote: "my rofleknife demandz bl00d"
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Zeller wrote:

-I don't want any fancy jobs, or even to make a whole lot of money. All I want is to one day settle down with the woman I love and live a happy life, even if it is as simple as it can get.

Oh my. That is so very cute. I hope you get your wish. People like you are very lucky when happiness is something so simple.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ashori
Blood Type: I dunno
Marital Status: Don't feel like saying (cause it's fun to make others guess)
Ethnicity: I dunno
Religion: None
Pets: Three cats and a dog
Drink/Smoke: Against both
Likes: Anime, manga, graphic design, music, drawing, writing, knitting, fanfiction, AMVs
Dislikes: Annoying people, spicy foods, writer's block, paper cuts and cat claws injuries, deadlines
Favorite anime: Naruto, FullMetal Alchemist, King of Bandit Jing, Witch Hunter Robin
Favorite Manga (Light novels): Naruto, King of Bandit Jing, Chobits, FullMetal Alchemist (the novels; I haven't had the chance to read much of the manga), Boys Over Flowers, Absolute Boyfriend
Favorite Books: Howl's Moving Castle, To Kill A Mockingbird, A Child Called It...there's a lot more but I can't think of all the names currently
Favorite game: I guess the Pokemon games. -shrug-
Favorite TV shows/Movies: I don't really have a favorite TV show other than anime I watch, but I like the Pirates movies (then the Naruto and Miyazaki films >.>)
Favorite Drink: Since this is related to alcohol, none
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
Favorite Foods: Teriyaki chicken, ice cream, chocolate
Favorite Sites: Gaia Online, YouTube, ANN, Fanfiction.net. AMV.org, One Manga, deviantART
Favorite Sport (to watch): None
Favorite Sport (to play): None
Favorite Music: Rock, pop, country, J-pop, J-rock, and J-hiphop
My favorite bands: Coheed and Cambria, HOME MADE Kazoku
My favorite solo artist: Vic Mignogna
Job: Cashier at Wal-Mart
Hobbies: Drawing, writing, knitting, graphic design, eraser collecting, listening to music
Fun facts about Ashori:
-I'm a Narutard (duh)
-I have over 120 CDs in my collection, and have 40 or so more I want
-I've written almost 90 fanfics (mostly Naruto >.>), and currently diving more into the humor/torture aspect than romance
-I'm a cosplayer, and my favorite (and only real) cosplay is SNJ Kakashi, although I'm wanting to do a SNJ Kabuto, Akatsuki Sakura, and my OC Aura Ichadora
-I love to make AMVs
Favorite Quotes:
-Shannaro! (Sakura/Inner Sakura - Naruto)
-Dattebayo! (Naruto Uzumaki - Naruto)
-Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth. (Alphonse Elric - FullMetal Alchemist)
-That day, all female officers will be required to wear TINY MINISKIRTS!!! (Roy Mustang - FullMetal Alchemist)
-All that glitters, even the stars... All things precious, even your life... The King of Bandits can steal it all in the blink of an eye. (King of Bandit Jing manga opening)
NotSoFluent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote
Name: Elyssa
Blood Type: O-
Marital Status: Single~
Ethnicity: American (of Irish/German/Polish/Scottish decent).
Religion: Roman Catholic
Pets: Four poodles
Drink/Smoke: Neither
Likes: Manga, linguistic study, mystery/crime/horror novels, comedy, studying, bookstores, and teddy bears.
Dislikes: Fanatics of just about everything, low grades, country/rap music, flag burning, costumes, and laziness.
Favorite anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Lupin III, Death Note
Favorite manga: Detective Conan, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Maison Ikkoku, Urusei Yatsura, and Dragonball ( I read manga more than I watch anime)
Favorite Books: The Shining by Stephen King, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Favorite TV shows: The Big Bang Theory, The Office, and Forensic Files. Don't watch much television.
Favorite Movies: The Silence of the Lambs, Stand By Me, Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense, Lars and the Real Girl, and Jaws.
Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball, Swimming
Favorite Sport (to play): Swimming
Favorite Music: Everything except country, death metal, and most rap. I can tolerate hip-hop and R&B.
Hobbies: piano-playing, studying Japanese in my spare time, practicing French and a little Latin, reading manga,...just plain reading, writing, studying/thinking, and occasionally drawing.
kaotic_legion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Name: Matt
Sex: male
Blood Type: don't know...
Marital Status: in a relationship
Ethnicity: American
Religion: don't have one
Pets: none
Drink/Smoke: Neither
Likes: anime, manga, Jrock, art, Final Fantasy series, any good rpg, Psychonauts(best damn american game ever!)
Dislikes: haters, people who sell or buy illegal downloaded or bootlegged anime, broccoli(the food)
Favorite anime: Saikano, Beck, Daikon Brothers, Maburaho, Bleach, Trinity Blood, Desert Punk, Loveless, D.Gray-Man
Favorite manga: Furuba, Loveless, Beck, Bleach, Tenjho Tenge, Prince of Tennis, Tsubasa, xxxHolic
Favorite Books: The Golden Compass and it's sequels, Twilight
Favorite TV shows: Supernatural
Favorite Movies: Moon Child
Favorite Sport (to watch): none
Favorite Sport (to play): none
Favorite Music: Jrock
Hobbies: drawing, watching anime, playing video games, having fun with my girlfriend and my friends...
agphoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote
Name: AG.....I'm not sure who's looking for me.
Sex: Please God let me be male.
Blood type: I really don't know.
Marital Status: Looking for my future -ex
Likes: Absolutely ANYTHING I dislike! Alright...some of them: I'm an Audio Engineer and a Sound designer. Soooo...basically anything to do with music and sound for one, composing music, writing manly poems, cooking manly food, dancing, reading, MOVIE BUFF, video games, long drives, beautiful parts of nature and apparently losing girlfriends Sad ......Oh yeah..anime!
Dislikes: politics, hurt, the fact that the spell-checker on an anime site tells us we've mis-spelled 'anime,' and anything not in the list above
Favourite Anime: Yeah, that's easy...
Favourite Manga: Yeah, that's easy...
Favourite TV Show(s): Family Guy, Friends and I know I'm forgetting something... Confused
Favourite Sport to watch: Football (as in a ball on the ground being kicked by feet for 99% of the game's duration...known as 'soccer' to some), American Football, Rugby, Tennis....and darts
Favourite Sport to Play: Rugby, Football (as in a ball....), Monopoly (seriously) and a few others but they're all adult-oriented
Favourite Music: Since I'm into music blah blah...MANY, many different types of music. I do NOT like Country, Rap or Nazi Polka.... some of the likes; Industrial, Alternative, Electronic genres; IDM, Glitch, Experimental, Electro, Break-beat, Trance, D'n'B, Laptronik etc.
Favourite Band: Nine Inch Nails
Some books I like: The Celestine Prophecy [sounds like it but it's not an action flick based thingy], As I Lay Dying, The Stories of Art, any Dave Barry [humourist] book...I know I'm forgetting many.
Favourite Quotes: There are oh so many...here are some:

1. 'Si vis pacem, para bellum' ~ 'If you want Peace, prepare for the War' ~ Vegetius

2. 'I'm simple in my complexity and complex in my simplicity' ~ anon.

3. 'Life is the preparation for something that never happens.' ~ Keats

4. 'If there's ever a doubt, there is no doubt.' ~ Robert DeNiro in 'Heat'

5. 'I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.' ~ Marlon Brando in 'The Godfather'

6. 'It was by music that the ancient kings gave elegant expression to their joy.' ~ Confucius

7. 'In my nothing, you were everything, to me.' ~ Trent Reznor of 'Nine Inch Nails'

Ok, that last one has me going so I'm going to pause for a bit...

Fun facts about me:
1. I've never killed a bug.
2. I've got over 600 DVD's and I've watched most of them...twice.
3. I've got over 1100 CD's [originals] and I've listened to every single one of them...many times.
4. Last time I had sex was.... spoiler[Hey, it WOULD have been a fun fact, yeah? Wink ]
5. The first stick-shift I drove was a Lamborghini Diablo
6. I hit puberty when I was 4.
7. The doctor introduced me to spanking Wink
8. I got an aluminium window sill stuck in my head during a teeny fight. [should explain a lot, yeah?]
9. I have 7 pins in my right ankle 'coz the b@$t@rd fouled me.
10. I've had enough of this.

Hello to everyone...please enjoy me!

AG
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote
As we have many new members a nice big welcome is in order. I normally try to make this a fun and entertaining thing I do but honestly I feel like ass tonight. If the room would stop spinning for 5 seconds I'd be so happy. So I'll make this short and just say here's a big welcome to all the new members here lately. I hope you're all having fun and throwing yourself into the forums as if they were the very air you need to live off of heh. I normally make a big deal out of my wonderful little welcome bags of goodies but tonight it's just one big collective bag for you all to share. *drops a huge brown bag in the middle of the floor* Consider it Christmas in June. Inside for you all to share are such wonderful items as the shells from 2 lb of shrimp, 2 dozen bells of various sizes/colors from cat collars, a handful of pencils sharpened down to the eraser ends, and a handful of those little red flags from mailboxes. I hope you all enjoy these fine gifts and your time here and don't forget; Death is life's way of telling you that you've been fired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 56 of 233