• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Made To Hit In America

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
As more and more of the non-anime world goes to streaming to watch TV series and movies via the Internet; more and more of the IP's will start throttling down bandwidth usage during peak hours with increasing frequency. This will effect the anime streaming community.

Even in the United States now, streaming is not a perfect service and many still suffer with intermittent buffering.

There will always be a place for physical media, especially for those who want to collect.

The first two paragraphs are independent of the third ~ a buffering system copes with bandwidth limits, and the industry is slowly slogging toward a buffering system, without the perceived pitfalls of http streaming, in the DLNA system.

The collectors market tends toward less elastic demand, so higher price points. The Japanese physical media market has already gravitated there, and reserving a portion of a Japanese production run for international collectors markets seem like the likeliest model to address the collectors market alone.

Guess we will see it, when we see it. As it stands right now though, increasing demand for streaming across the board, and IP's increasing bandwidth throttling, is becoming the perfect storm facing the streaming community (whether anime or live action).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5