• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How do I join the Encyclopedia staff?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
You'll also find that adding manga titles has a lower priority than adding anime titles. As you probably know, in North America, the roles of anime and manga are somewhat reversed. Manga is an extension of the anime industry rather than anime being kind of an extension of the manga industry like it is in Japan. As such, anime takes the top priority.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
if you mean animenfo.. I gave up trying to get information corrected there after error reports being ignored on multiple occasions over a couple of years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:37 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
abunai wrote:
Teh Rules wrote:
we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation

Actually... some of the staff expect that. I just hope for it. What I expect is idiocy. And I'm seldom disappointed.

- abunai

You must not have been disappointed with the forums much this last week, then. Especially this weekend.

Quite so. I always dread the "silly season" (= school breaks, or just after breaks or exams, when there's a lull in schoolwork).

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, anyway, King Mob's question has been answered, so let's stop beating a dead horse and just have this thread locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2