• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Robot Spirits Live in Hong Kong 2006 Cancelled

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:16 am Reply with quote
http://www.mizuki-spirits.com/info/index.htm

Quote:
“Super Robot Spirits Live in Hong Kong 2006”公演は香港主催者の都合により、急遽本日(5月9日)公演中止との連絡が入りました。皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけし、本当に申し訳ありません。なお、個人でチケットを購入されたかたは、購入先に直接ご連絡ください。何かございましたら、主催者「香港Studio814 Media」(メール:[email protected])までご連絡くださいますよう、お願いいたします。

Mr. Mizuki received an urgent call on May 9 from Hong Kong organizer(s) that the live concert has to be cancelled. According to the blog of Mr. J (HK organizer), he is under tremendous pressure which has caused frictions between his girlfriend and himself. His words were quite suicidal.

This live concert was originally planned on May 12-13 at Hongkong International Trade & Exhibition Centre (HITEC), featuring Ichirou Mizuki, Mitsuko Horie, Hironobu Kageyama, and MIQ.

A Japanese travel agency has even planned a tour group spending three days in Hong Kong just for the live concert.

Thanks to KichikuMan and Dr. Ng for providing the news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote
The scandal snowballed. While Mr. J claimed on June 1st that his company, Studio814, has been liquidated, a new investigation has found no such bankruptcy liquidation application. About 50 customers had reported to HK Police as a case of fraud.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
Mitsuko "Micchi" Horie has left a message of gratitude to her fans in Hong Kong on her website: http://www.micchi.net/hksrs.html

In her letter (in Japanese and a brief message in Chinese), Micchi wrote:
Dear all Hong Kong fans,

It has been five years since Mistuko "Micchi" Horie sang in front of Hong Kong fans. The scene which the entire hall merged as one entity and sang together in Japanese was still clearly remembered. Remembering your kind supports, I promised that I shall return with by friends; yet, just when the wish was about to be materialized, "SRS Hong Kong 2006" live concert was unfortunately cancelled.

We performers and supporting staffs were shocked by this sudden and unexpected event. We felt heartbreaking whenever thinking about Hong Kong fans who were keenly anticipating our arrival.

Later we learned that fans of "SRS Hong Kong 2006" had mad a petition with over 500 signatures. We could feel your passion deeply.

Realizing a dream is never easy. We believe that one day we shall meet again. When that day has come, we shall sing for you with our souls.

(Note: written in Chinese)
While fighting someday
Please remember
Bring up your courage
Fight valiantly
That is the Spirit of Steel

(End of Chinese)

I wish those thoughts could cross the ocean and be passed to you.

June 2006

SRS (Super Robot Spirits) Artist Representative
Ichiro Mizuki

Mitsuko Horie Hironobu Kageyama MIQ Masaaki Endoh
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1