• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game -- RESULTS! Come view them! ^_^

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I think I may have gotten this, if I'm right I was stumped for so long because it's something I've read, but not seen, therefore, I'm taking my names from the manga and not the anime (I'm hoping they're the same)

spoiler[Fino from Jing: King of Bandits saying it to Jing & Kir while she takes off her clothes to reveal she has a beautiful tattoo on her torso? For the manga, it's volume 7 and the scenario seem similar enough for me to guess it]
hypersoda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I think I may have gotten this, if I'm right I was stumped for so long because it's something I've read, but not seen, therefore, I'm taking my names from the manga and not the anime (I'm hoping they're the same)

spoiler[Fino from Jing: King of Bandits saying it to Jing & Kir while she takes off her clothes to reveal she has a beautiful tattoo on her torso? For the manga, it's volume 7 and the scenario seem similar enough for me to guess it]

Yup, that's it! In the anime, it's a bit different, instead she's explaining spoiler[why she was put up for auction. It happens right before she takes everything off.] But I'll give it to you anyway. But yeah, the scenes are probably the same, or similar at least. I myself don't own the manga, but my friend does. I need to borrow it from her sometime.

Your turn.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, that was starting to get on my nerves cus I felt like it was on the tip of my tongue.

I think this one might go fast, it's from the dub:

"I wonder, if I had met you earlier in my lifetime, do you think... that we would've been friends?"
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
One of my favorite episodes.

That's spoiler[Roco Pinarro from Cowboy Bebop, speaking to Spike...sort of. Those are his dying words. He's regretting that his life turned out the way it did because of the bad choices he made to help his sister, and he really idolized Spike.]
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

That's spoiler[Roco Pinarro from Cowboy Bebop, speaking to Spike...sort of. Those are his dying words. He's regretting that his life turned out the way it did because of the bad choices he made to help his sister, and he really idolized Spike.]

Yep, I figured the next user to come by who has watched any of that show recently would immediately get that one. Heck, that's one of the most memorable lines in that show for me, your turn.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
JesuOtaku wrote:

Yep, I figured the next user to come by who has watched any of that show recently would immediately get that one. Heck, that's one of the most memorable lines in that show for me, your turn.

I'll say recently, I was compiling this thread's DATA while watching it! Laughing *hums Small World theme*

And now...to make everyone uncomfortable! Anime hyper

There is a mole on my arm. When he found the hair growing from it, it was so embarrassing. But he continued to touch and enjoy it...

Yes, it was JUST AS BIZARRE in context. Shocked Confused
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[No, this show is not licensed in the U.S., but it's not rare/unusual either.]

Hint #2: spoiler[The speaker is referring to her lover, who later left her.]
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[The speaker and her lover briefly appeared in a television drama together, but she later worked as a lab assistant after the show ended.]

Hint #4: spoiler[The main character of the anime, a latino criminal, saw these two in a picture together and hunted down the speaker to find the man, but he had already left, as he has a tendency to do.]

And that's aaaaaall I have. That should be enough that you can find the answers with some research. Wink I get bored when people don't guess quickly. -.-'
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
aha! spoiler[Elise to Michiko in Michiko to Hatchin? She is describing her relationship with Hiroshi.]
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
aha! spoiler[Elise to Michiko in Michiko to Hatchin? She is describing her relationship with Hiroshi.]

Correct! Actually, due to the Tarantino-weirdness of the storytelling, it's not clear if this is an out-of-order flashback to her conversation with Michiko or just narration...I believe she's just narrating. Who careth?

That quote's right up there in weirdness with another episode's first line: spoiler["The first time I ever killed someone was when I was a snot-nosed little kid and my ass' virginity was still intact.] (spoilered for uncomfortable imagery)

Who writes this stuff? O_o

Your turn! Very Happy
Sakura of Avalon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
Minigame:

dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I've always wanted to touch these. Hmmm, squishy.]

Hah ha ha. Hah ha ha ha hah.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Okay sorry. From the dub:

Character A: Thank you for everything. I'm a wanderer, Character B. And it's time to wander again. Farewell.

Character B begins to cry.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad

"I'm a wanderer, spoiler[Ms. Kaoru,] it's time for me to wander again." spoiler[Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin says this after deciding to face Shishio and admitting the battousai inside of him is still angry at injustice and wants blood.] Needless to say, this scene is SAD, thanks for scratchin' open an old wound. Laughing

(Okay, a new one, I saw it fairly recently...)
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Crying or Very sad

"I'm a wanderer, spoiler[Ms. Kaoru,] it's time for me to wander again." spoiler[Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin says this after deciding to face Shishio and admitting the battousai inside of him is still angry at injustice and wants blood.] Needless to say, this scene is SAD, thanks for scratchin' open an old wound. Laughing

(Okay, a new one, I saw it fairly recently...)

Correct! Yeah, that scene is so beautifully done with the fireflies and everything. This is one series where I wouldn't mind a remake for more fluid animation and more eloquent dialogue (although this scene is perfect, not too sappy and so hard-hitting) to do the story justice.

Aside from that I'm curious did you enjoy RuroKen as someone who didn't grow up with it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 142 of 151