• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rightstuf changes Free Shipping policy for Canadians.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Should be revenue neutral to you. Should save your $9.95 fee. Will not be charged until a shipment processes, so there should be no need for refunds.

Okay. So if I'm interpreting this correctly, you're just charging us for the tax then? No handling fees or anything. Just straight up, our province's tax rate on the value of the items purchased? Is that correct?
ssandulak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
^ Yeah I'd like to hear a yes or no to this as well.
ssandulak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
Still curious Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
But not curious enough to actually contact TRSI's customer care service directly, I guess...
ssandulak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
True enough, for a store I order from maybe once a year it's just something I'd like to know, not something I need to know. Next time I'm placing an order? I'll probably do so and ask. Just figured since a bunch of people were posting here, and some were asking the same question he might answer one of the posts like he did earlier *shrug*
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
ssandulak wrote:
True enough, for a store I order from maybe once a year it's just something I'd like to know, not something I need to know. Next time I'm placing an order? I'll probably do so and ask. Just figured since a bunch of people were posting here, and some were asking the same question he might answer one of the posts like he did earlier *shrug*

I apologize, busy with this week's announcement and other things.

This should be completely revenue neutral to anyone purchasing from us, you should pay no more than you were at the door, other than there will be no Canada Post collections fee (so you would save this on every order.)

Delivery should be much faster, probably cutting at least a week if not more off each shipment.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
First shipments are off today! Truly excited to see how quickly they arrive to customers, as well as feedback on how it works! *Every* shipment saves our Canadian friends C$9.95, so that savings will really add up! More anime for your C$!! Drop me a line after your order ships and let me know what you think. Smile
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I just got my order in, which was about $450 in total. The COD charge was 106 f*cking dollars. My last order (which ran me about $450 as well) had a cod of about $70. What in the world is going on with customs/canada post? With charges like this I won't be able to continue shopping at rightstuf. That's a shame because they are my favourite retailer :'( .
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
@ jmfsilenthill - there is something seriously wrong there. It sounds like your HST was incorrectly assessed. At $450, your HST should have been around $58.50 and Canada Post's $9.95 handling fee would have brought the total close to $70. That's the correct amount.

I'd contact your local postal outlet and see who you should be talking with to get this fixed.

I was overcharged once myself a while back, but only by $12. I figured the headache of trying to get that back wasn't worth it, so I let it slide, but you have been overcharged by almost $40.

This is another advantage of TRSI's new system - crap like this probably won't happen and if it does, at least you'll be dealing with TRSI instead of Canada friggin' Post.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I thought something was up. Luckily I haven't paid for it yet as I didn't have any cash handy when the postal worker stopped by my house. I have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow. I'm curious as to why it's so much....:/
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
I thought something was up. Luckily I haven't paid for it yet as I didn't have any cash handy when the postal worker stopped by my house. I have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow. I'm curious as to why it's so much....:/

If the amount is incorrect, pay for it so you have your package, and then let us know and we'll take care of it for you by crediting you and fighting the battle for the excess on our side. Just contact customer care.

And, as mentioned above, this problem will hopefully go away since we'll be handling it on our side now.

Last edited by shawnek on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ jmfsilenthill - there is something seriously wrong there. It sounds like your HST was incorrectly assessed. At $450, your HST should have been around $58.50 and Canada Post's $9.95 handling fee would have brought the total close to $70. That's the correct amount.

I'd contact your local postal outlet and see who you should be talking with to get this fixed.

I was overcharged once myself a while back, but only by $12. I figured the headache of trying to get that back wasn't worth it, so I let it slide, but you have been overcharged by almost $40.

This is another advantage of TRSI's new system - crap like this probably won't happen and if it does, at least you'll be dealing with TRSI instead of Canada friggin' Post.

Drop a note on the $12 one to customer care, as again, we'll credit you and fight it out with Canada Post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
A very kind offer, Shawnek - that's why I love you guys. But, although it didn't happen often, there were a few times over the years when Canada Post neglected to collect the COD charge from me. So even with that one time $12 overcharge, I'm still very much ahead when it comes to errors. Wink
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
That's extremely nice of you shawnek!!!!!!!! Very Happy That's another reason I would be sad if I had to stop buying from you guys. You seriously have some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
A very kind offer, Shawnek - that's why I love you guys. But, although it didn't happen often, there were a few times over the years when Canada Post neglected to collect the COD charge from me. So even with that one time $12 overcharge, I'm still very much ahead when it comes to errors. Wink

Perhaps the P/H charge from Canada Post has been increasing now that their rank-and-file employees have been granted a portion of this gravy train (either that or they're blackmailing their staff to charge more and follow up on this matter).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10