• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: China Bans Anime from Prime Time TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToSFan4ever

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
No I know what the forum topic is, it's just I was really pissed at what the people at the beginning of the forum said.
Webki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
ToSFan4ever wrote:
No I know what the forum topic is, it's just I was really pissed at what the people at the beginning of the forum said.

Thanks for classifying every American based off of what one or two people said in the beginning of an online forum topic discussing cartoons being banned in China.
sirkozmo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote
ToSFan4ever wrote:
GAY AMERICANS!!!!!!!!

ToSFan4ever wrote:
Bastard, Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ToSFan4ever wrote:
[expletive] AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

ToSFan4ever wrote:

Well, for once its nice for us Americans not to be lumped into one demographic. One of the things that makes America so great is that not if we're not gay, we're either bastards, or [expletive]-Americans. God Bless America for such a great assortment of a melting pot.

Just out of curiosity sir, where exactly are YOU from?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
The Chinese Politboro, apparently....................

all too easy
Gaomajiro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Ragebot wrote:
Keep in mind, that this is only from 5-8 PM. ANN's headline smacks of hyperbole.

I'm in complete agreement. It's good to see comments that keep this issue in perspective.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Gaomajiro wrote:
Ragebot wrote:
Keep in mind, that this is only from 5-8 PM. ANN's headline smacks of hyperbole.

I'm in complete agreement. It's good to see comments that keep this issue in perspective.

It's no more hyperbole than what you see in newspapers. Headlines are supposed to get your attention to get you to read the article.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:
Pop-Art Samurai wrote:
Uhhh...edit anyone? Mods? People?

.Sy wrote:
Second, the creators seem to be holding back on anything that might be unsuitable for little kids to watch. I’m not saying put a lot of gore into it, but they seem almost afraid to put any of that in. (Gov’t maybe? Who knows.)

I think that's right, meaning they can't put anything in that would be unsuitable for little kids. I remember reading that there were a couple films that weren't released in the mainland because they couldn't be edited to be appropriate for all ages.

Since this is my very first post to this forum, I felt I had to come in on this topic.

I personally feel that's what holding back the animation industry in China today. They really need to find a way to get out of the books and into more contemporary, modern issues and perhaps more adult-oriented issues of sorts that would obviously be for grown-ups and not children. Do something that would be quite different and unique, or catch the viewers off-guard, and perhaps they may be interested for more if it becomes a hit.

They feel that certain material isn't safe towards children and they have every right to their beliefs. Take the Janet Jackson free show at the Super Bowl; most parents in the United States found that to have been offensive when here in Canada, it wasn't a big deal. We didn't tell the parents in the US that they shouldn't make a big deal out of the freeshow, so I think we should do the same for China. If they don't want to show any non Chinese cartoons, (ie anime) then they don't have to because it's their country. Let them decide on their issues.

EDIT: spelling errors
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8