• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Since I'm unfamiliar with Psycho 101 as a poster, I have to ask...is the fact I may be the "next" one a good or bad thing?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Sarcastically good and bad at the same time. Psycho loves to welcome people, and at the same time, get into "lively" conversations with people.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, I do enjoy welcoming people, but I have no interest in engaging them in "lively" (i.e. antagonistic) conversations. I just want them to send me money. Cool
ChristenZilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Welcome Christen. My brother goes to school in St Louis, so it makes that place feel a bit closer to home. Enjoy your stay at ANN!

Thanks.

Blood- wrote:

ChristenZilla wrote:

Dislikes: Guys that say they don't want to date you, and then get mad when you turn them down for dates

I'm trying to imagine how this would work in RL:

Guy: So, ChristenZilla, I totally don't want to date you.

ChristenZilla: 'Kay.

Guy: ...so you wanna go on a date?

ChristenZilla: Um...no.

Guy: You suck!

OMG how did you know!? Are you stalking me? I think that dialogue would have made a perfect sock puppet show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
Aw, stalking is such an ugly word. I prefer the phrase, "obsessively following your every move at a distance without you knowing it." Wink

Any welcome to you and all the others to ANN. I hope y'all like it here.

Last edited by Blood- on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

1) Read all my posts.
2) Study them until you are familiar with my posting style.
3) Then do the exact opposite.

You know, every time we do this, our threads get locked.
Wink
Jinxso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Blood- wrote:

1) Read all my posts.
2) Study them until you are familiar with my posting style.
3) Then do the exact opposite.

You know, every time we do this, our threads get locked.
Wink

Well have faith. They won't lock this thread. They will just delete your posts Twisted Evil
Falconstryke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Name: Luke (or you can just call me Falcon)

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Chrisitian

Pets: None

Drink/Smoke: I don't do either

Dislikes: italian food (except pizza), indecisiveness, tiny cars in motorcycles that look like empty spaces in parking lots right until you get ready to park there.

Favorite anime: Prince of Tennis, any .Hack//, Azumanga Daioh

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Sgt. Frog, Prince of Tennis, Shaman King, Yotsuba

Favorite Books: The Hunger Games, The Heir Series, Any Agathat Christie novels.

Favorite game: .Hack//G.U., Radiata Stories, Custom Robo, FF8, Phoenix Wright

Favorite TV shows/Movies: iCarly, Count of Monte Cristo, Newsies, The Prestige, The Office, American Idol, Push

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sweet Tea, Sobe, Mountain Dew.

Favorite Foods: Salads, Salmon, Tacos, Mashed potatoes, Sausage, bacon

Favorite Sites: Super-FZL, ebay, amazon, ANN, Gaia, Spark Shot.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Hockey

Favorite Sport (to play): Tennis

Favorite Music: Hellogoodbye/Relient K/FictionJunction YUUKA/Cute is what we aim for

Job: student

Hobbies: writing
crystalc0la

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:18 am Reply with quote
Hey Everyone! I've always been using animenewsnetwork, but now i've finally made an account =DD

Name: Crystal
Sex:Female...
Music: bigbang and other stuffXP
Favourite Animes: The list always changes..here's just some favourites
Inuyasha (love it Razz),kuroshitsuji,blahblahblah
Favourite Mangas/manhwa: Liar Game, Nodame Cantabile, school rumble, i wish...blahblahblah
hobbies:sketching..karaoke...watching anime..listening to music =D

Smile
_1ya_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote
Name: iya

Sex: female

Religion: christian

Pets: a orange cat, a martinesse bird and a brown labrador

Dislikes: backstabber

Favorite anime: fruits basket, shugo chara, kamicharin karin, kirarin revolution, naruto shippuden, inuyasha, ouran host club, special a, clannad/after story, death note and loads hehe

Favorite Manga (Light novels): skip beat and ai wo utau yori ore ni oborero

Favorite Books:twilight saga, the host, goosebumps, marley and me, peach girl, fruits basket,

Favorite game: SIMS, final fantasy VII, war of warcraft, dota, audition

Favorite TV shows/Movies: FAst furious 4, into the blue 2, the unbord, my bloody valentine, twiligt, death note the last name live,

Favorite Drink: nothing

Non-Alcoholic Drink: water, non acidic drink

Favorite Foods: chinese food, japanese food, filipino food, italian food, indian food ...i juz love food

Favorite Sites: mangafox, [Illegal streaming site], movieforumz,ultimateguitar, crunchyroll, yahoo, youtube,

Favorite Sport (to watch):tennis, badminton, dart, soccer, golf, basketball, F1

Favorite Sport (to play): badminton

Favorite Music: i love music , i listen 2 80s 90s rock hiphop rnb pop emo loads

Hobbies: sketching, playing guitar, watching anime/movies, photography, chatting, texting, hang out wid fwends shopping, and load

dats all about me hehe, hopefully im welcom hre Smile....cya around Smile
DarkGyraen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:54 am Reply with quote
Name: Chris

Blood Type: A Pos

Location: Okinawa, Japan (Only for a short while longer though)

Ethnicity: Mutt (1/2 Polish, ¼ German, and a whole lotta who knows what)

Religion: None really

Drink/Smoke: Don’t smoke, trying to avoid drinking for the time being.

Likes: Anime, Books, Movies, Photography, Music and Texas Hold’em

Dislikes: People who are intolerant of other people’s character flaws. (We all have them)

Favorite anime: Escaflowne, Gunbuster 1+2, Macross Plus and RahXephon are at the top.

Favorite Manga: Don’t read that much manga anymore, used to love Gunsmith Cats and the Gold Digger comics, although they weren’t manga, they were close!

Favorite Books: The Sword of Truth (series), Rhapsody (Series) by Elizabeth Haydon, Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks, the Riftwar Saga by Raymond Feist

Favorite game: Resident Evil 4, Xenogears, the whole Xenosaga trilogy (well…maybe not the second one)

Favorite TV shows: Heroes (Redeemed itself in Season 3), Battlestar Galactica, the new Doctor Who, Reaper, Chuck

Favorite Movies: Snatch, Smokin Aces, the Dark Knight, Sin City, the Shawshank Redemption

Favorite Drink: Sky Vodka and diet cherry coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Japanese (sushi), bad Chinese food (I don’t know why), Pizza, steaks from Bone Daddy’s (For those in Texas who know this place)

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Wikipedia, Amazon, Penny Arcade, USAA (to check on my stocks)

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football (I’m a die-hard Cowboys fan!)

Favorite Sport (to play): Football!

Favorite Music: I’m completely eclectic for music, I can go from listening to Korn and Linkin Park, to Lorenna McKennit the next second. I enjoy almost all music with the exceptions of Gangster Rap and Country.

Job: A photographer for the military

Hobbies: Photographer, getting better at poker, watching anime, writing
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote
Welcome DarkGyraen, how has your tour been on Okinawa?
Kasalari

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Name: Kassius, or Kas for short

Blood Type: Unknown

Religion: Mostly indifferent. Agnosticism is closest to what I believe though.

Pets: None at the moment, but I plan on getting a cat sometime.

Drink/Smoke: Never smoke, and rarely drink.

Likes: Anime and manga, videogames, reading, politics, philosophy, studying wars.

Dislikes: Close minded people, intolerant people.

Favorite anime: Slayers*all seasons*, Zero no Tsukaima, Ouran, Higurashi, Code Geass, Toradora, Skip Beat.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Skip Beat, FMA, Fruits Basket, Card Captor Sakura.

Favorite Books: Dragon Riders of Pern, Tortall series, Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z, I am America and so can you.

Favorite game: Suikoden series, Wild Arms series, Final Fantasy Tactics, Lunar series, Biohazard/Resident Evil series.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Dexter, Scrubs, Mythbusters, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Boondock Saints, V for Vendetta, Enemy at the Gates, All is Quiet on the Western Front, 12 Angry Men.

Favorite Drink: I enjoy a variety of mixed, fruit based alcoholic drinks.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Lemonade, variety of juices, water.

Favorite Foods: Lasagna, steak, sushi*particularly unagi*

Favorite Music: I have a pretty eclectic taste when it comes to music. Some of my favorite bands are: MCR, Fallout Boy, Green Day, Disturbed, All American Rejects, Offspring, Bump of Chicken, Larc en ciel, Weird Al.

Hobbies: Gaming, reading, bowling, various card games

Fun facts about Kas: I have a knack for learning languages, and in addition to English, I can speak German and Japanese fairly well. I can also speak a little French, Spanish, and Mandarin.

Favorite Quotes: "The soldier is applauded who refuses to serve in an unjust war by those who do not refuse to sustain the unjust government which makes the war." -Henry David Thoreau
DarkGyraen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
Hello and thanks fighterholic

It's been enjoyable really, it's a shame it's coming to an end, but that's life. I'm just looking forward to finally getting over to Tokyo here in a few months before I leave. Thanks for asking.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Sarcastically good and bad at the same time. Psycho loves to welcome people, and at the same time, get into "lively" conversations with people.

Well gee thanks for the wonderful comments fighter. Cool

I have been remiss in my little welcoming shtick though. Of course constantly working to cover for your boss and trying to find a new place to live will do that for ya. I suppose I could get back into it as the new people seemed to enjoy it. Might as well start with a nice big wide blanket welcome. Only gonna go back 2 pages plus this one for it though....god this list will be long....

Alright, so since I've had a long enough vacation from it a nice big ANN Heidely-ho neighborinos to Falconstryke, crystalc0la, _1ya_, DarkGyraen, Kasalari, Zaraki666, Brazzlefrazz, Gunnerblaster, Utauh, Magamish, Meown, Belcrant, BestTangram, ChristenZilla, and an extra special welcome to PrincessHikari because her birthday is only 2 days after mine thus making her another cancer that is full of win lol. As part of your Heidely-ho neighborino welcome at ANN you all will receive your very own Mystery Welcome Bag of goodies. *hands them all a brown paper lunch bag* (sorry...the economy sucks we're having too spend less on the bags lol) Inside your fun filled bags you will all find your very own used spark plug from a 1986 Chevy Caprice, a bar coaster that has been doodled on by some drunken redneck, an 8 inch piece of purple yarn, and exactly 7 fava beans circa 1971. All objects are non-refundable btw. While enjoying these fine gifts don't forget these Words of Wisdom: Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

And to all those who I have missed over the past few months....your bags are in the mail. Along with your government stimulus check. See which one you get first. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 74 of 233