• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga to Enter Final Arc

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
a few years after it should have ended. After his tantrums on Twitter a few years back I've lost any respect for Kubo as a writer.

Tantrums? What happened?

It wasn't really a tantrum, but he's probably referring to a tweet Kubo left everyone who has derided Bleach. It went along the lines of: "If you can create something as or more compelling than Bleach, you should stop talking about it and create, because you should have no problem getting it noticed and published immediately."
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Such a tedious message to read and way to melodramatic but hey its your opinion and you're indeed entitled to it after all.

I'll give you tedious, because even I thought it was tedious. It's hard to write about how crappy Bleach is in a normal way without it coming across as tedious. But melodramatic? Hardly?

I take it that you think Bleach is not trash?

Hey man, it's your opinion and you are indeed entitled to it. Even if it is wrong.

Ha ha ah man I'm sorry but that was one hell of an moronic comment to make its quite apparent you're simply trying to start something well I have no interest in indulging your childish behavior..I'm sure their are some teenagers on here who will be up for it try them out.

He is right however, regardless of opinion. It drug out two arcs (Soul Society, Hueco Mundo) for far too long, for one thing, and if you'd like something for comparison, take the Duelist Kingdom arc from Kazuki Takahashi's Yu-Gi-Oh!, which lasted eight volumes and took up approximately the same number of anime episodes that Bleach did for Soul Society, yet the latter took up about fifteen-and-half volumes (#7 to the middle of #21). When the Hueco Mundo/Arrancar arc ended, the series had more than doubled since Soul Society had ended, which is just ridiculous. The series was not engaging enough to want to hold out that long. (Personally, I grew so tired of it that I barely managed to hold out until the Fake Karakura Town sub-arc ended just before FullBring, where I'm now only at the point where it's a good enough series for me to keep on collecting the volumes.) It seemed very much that Kubo had gotten caught up in his own action and knack for creativity, becoming a series with too many restless fans as a result. If he's to do the entire series any justice to make up for it, he will have spent the last three weeks on hiatus working on a great start to a fantastic ending.

That is simply your opinion sure as hell doesn't mean its right.

It isn't so much a biased opinion as it is an objective observation. Confused There wasn't such a need to get defensive, not at all.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I began following Bleach with the anime which was very awesome. I only recently started reading the manga because I don't care for the filer arcs, and disliked how they changed the ending of the last Aizen arc where Ichigo still had his powers for awhile so they could do more canon filler instead of just sticking to non-canon filler like they did in the past.

Bleach for any of its inconsistencies, is still great fun to watch. I somewhat hope they reanimate the series again once the manga finishes, where they can cut out the filler (although I liked the Bount filler and it left a nice gap of time between the Soul Society arc and when Aizen returned, making his return seem significant and giving us a passage of time where we'd expect Aizen and the Soul Society to be preparing themselves).

If my wish could come true I'd love another animated series of the entire proper Bleach story like they did with FullMetal Alchemist, perhaps even improving upon it by cutting out the fat, maybe even changing/adding a few things to be more consistent. The early episodes of Bleach were great because of their fast and well done pacing, whereas newer eps were more drawn out due to not wanting to overtake the manga too much. I would definately buy the entire series if they did this.

Still I'm eager to see where the final arc goes. I believe the Fullbring Arc was primarily a way for Ichigo to regain his powers alongside explaining Chad's powers. But for now I expect the final arc to explain:

spoiler[- Orihime's powers and their origin. Are they also like Fullbring with her earrings? Aizen alludes that they are more than this, and it was earlier suspected that Ichigo's proimity to them helped bring them about.

- What Aizen is up to, and his and Urahara's knowledge of who the Soul King is and their past.

- What is Squad 0 ? Perhaps the squad that defends the Soul King in the heavens?

- More on Hell perhaps?

- Also a resolution to the romantic side of Bleach at least where Orihime's feelings for Ichigo are concerned, which is why I suspect her powers and herself will once again become a kind of focus in the final arc in some way.

- Also there's the stuff revolving around Ichigo's own family with concern to his father and sister. There's more being hinted at there. I suspect we'll probably see his supposedly deceased mother in some way.]
Bingal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Such a tedious message to read and way to melodramatic but hey its your opinion and you're indeed entitled to it after all.

I'll give you tedious, because even I thought it was tedious. It's hard to write about how crappy Bleach is in a normal way without it coming across as tedious. But melodramatic? Hardly?

Hey man, it's your opinion and you are indeed entitled to it. Even if it is wrong.

Ha ha ah man I'm sorry but that was one hell of an moronic comment to make its quite apparent you're simply trying to start something well I have no interest in indulging your childish behavior..I'm sure their are some teenagers on here who will be up for it try them out.

Simmer down and don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone doesn't like Bleach. It's far more childish to impose your own opinion on others when they gave a valid reason for their dislike.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
That is simply your opinion sure as hell doesn't mean its right.

It isn't so much a biased opinion as it is an objective observation. Confused There wasn't such a need to get defensive, not at all.

I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE is obviously lost inside la-la land, as that's the only way they can mistake objective analysis as a mere opinion. Not really worth taking them seriously.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Bingal wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

Simmer down and don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone doesn't like Bleach. It's far more childish to impose your own opinion on others when they gave a valid reason for their dislike.

"Even if it is wrong" sounds just as childish and can not be considered a valid reason for anything. Let's not start bickering, shall we?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
"Even if it is wrong" sounds just as childish and can not be considered a valid reason for anything. Let's not start bickering, shall we?

Except I gave objective reasons why Bleach is poorly written, I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE just attacked my post for being tedious and melodramatic. That is not a rebuttal with any merit. From their rabid attack I inferred that they think Bleach is not bad and that's why I said their opinion is wrong. Because it is wrong. And they haven't given me or anyone else a shred of evidence to argue otherwise.

I actually went through the bother to type out an objective argument, this guy just resorts to ad hominem attacks. Pray tell ninjaclown, who gave the valid reasons and who did not? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Bastille wrote:
Just remember, the Arrancar arc took 4 years and a bit to complete so it could still take a while to end.

I'm okay with that as long as it maintains the level of excitement, character-building and plot-movement as the Soul Society arc. I'm still holding it to that standard, consarnit.

Glad it'll be ending before it gets any more ridiculous, length-wise. I seriously can't keep up with this AND Naruto, as much as I adore buying single volumes.
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Speculating I believe the final arc will explain spoiler[Isshin's past which was mentioned various times in the arrancar arc and who is the soul king.

I'm still curious about Ichigo's current strength as he apparently lost his Hollow powers and the bankai only serves to make him faster.]
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:

But has to be right, it is dtm42's opinion after all. Even if he did agree with the accusation his post was tedious, I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE is automatically wrong for not saying dtm42's opinion is right.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Hey ArsenicSteel, how 'bout you look up the definition of what a 'fact' is? No, don't bother, you already know. You're just trolling again after all . . .

kthxbye
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
^Okay, that kind of made me laugh.

Whatever, I just wanted to say opinions cannot be right or wrong because they are subjective. If you want to dispute that until you're blue in the face, go ahead.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Looks like you need to look up the definition of what a 'fact' is too.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I was responding to Arsenic, you just happened to post right before I did. This is getting a bit personal for you to hang around here all day to respond to posts, maybe you should take a break. Rolling Eyes
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
I was responding to Arsenic, you just happened to post right before I did. This is getting a bit personal for you to hang around here all day to respond to posts, maybe you should take a break. Rolling Eyes

http://xkcd.com/386/

(Hey, I'm allowed to poke fun at myself.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12