• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsuiro Kiseki (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
...this has nothing to do with Aniplex of America, man. You need to chill out.

Like zero percent nothing.

You did say you wanted to pay Aniplex $400.00 dollars for it, like it was the most natural thing to say.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
You okay man? This is totally not like you. I recall numerous chats we've had over PM. Always thought you were a nice dude.

Yes $400. A disc each month from June till, I'm guessing, November. Usually costs around that much for a show, or at least Anohana and DOG DAYS did.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
EDIT: Double post. Sorry!

Last edited by luffypirate on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Can't we just talk about what is important: pic 1 pic 2 Instead of about paying some sort of over pricing or calling people as haters.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
I'm fine, it's just your "YAY, EXPENSIVE ANIME!!!" attitude is grating on me. Is this your new thing? Any time you come across a show you like, you'll be all, "Can't wait to spend a whole bunch of money on it!" Awesome. Rolling Eyes

@DP - ::cough::lezzies::cough::
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Can't we just talk about what is important: pic 1 pic 2 Instead of about paying some sort of over pricing or calling people as haters.

Guess I need to watch the second episode. So much to watch this season, but work is calling.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm fine, it's just your "YAY, EXPENSIVE ANIME!!!" attitude is grating on me. Is this your new thing? Any time you come across a show you like, you'll be all, "Can't wait to spend a whole bunch of money on it!" Awesome. Rolling Eyes

@DP - ::cough::lezzies::cough::

Okay okay so everything is back to normal. Thank [expletive] goodness.

No man you know me. I've been doing the Amazon JP thing since buying Kojika in summer '10. It was actually you that recommended what would become one of my personal favorites, the Time of Eve ONA. Remember that? I still spend the same amount each year (about a good $2,500 USD)...just have much fewer items to show for it lol. Of course I'm happy when I buy things! Isn't everyone? ;p

This show here is right up my alley.

TarsTarkas wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Guess I need to watch the second episode. So much to watch this season, but work is calling.

You do!
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote
I kind of enjoy this show, but at the time I hate all of the main four girls sans Natsumi.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
On the matter of importing: this an YuruYuri are the only titles I've considered doing so with. Like YuruYuri, they had to stack it being unlicensed with it being unsubbed. WORK WITH ME JAPAN!

On the matter of the show itself: I wonder what the rules the rock works by really are. Clearly they've been doing it wrong all these years.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
On the matter of the show itself: I wonder what the rules the rock works by really are. Clearly they've been doing it wrong all these years.

Going off of what has hapened so far, the wish must have to include yuri in it, holding hands let them fly, and the other one caused a yuri magnet. So to get even bigger wishes they must make out on the rock, they should get cracking if they want world peace. Man I am creepy.

Seriously, it might have something to do with spoiler[Rinko who is a shrine maiden, she thought of the flying wish, and of the one about them making up.]
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 am Reply with quote
After watching the first episode, this show already had two strikes. Strike One: Tennis. Tennis is a elitist sport, played only by aristocrats and the bourgeoisie (that's right, I'm bring the class war), plus it is a boring as all hell (or eight minutes of watching four girls run through town, but I'll get to that). I hate tennis. Strike Two: Idols. First, when it comes to music, I prefer punk, and I hold that the only thing needed for good music is Three Chords and the Truth. So idol-pop is the antithesis of the music I like. Secondly, hot dogs are delicious, but if you ever have the misfortune to learn how they are made, you'll never eat them again. I have had the misfortune to learn how idol singers are made, and believe me its not pretty. And finally, I hate idol shows because they are little more than otaku pandering. The creators assume all otaku lose their shit over idols, and therefore they don't need to develop or even fully design these characters -- just give them a mike and let them sing. Idol characters are the database in its worst form.

Okay, so there was two strikes against Natsu-iro Kiseki, but I watched the second episode after someone told me it was yuritastic. They lied. It wasn't even yuri at all. Here are the ranks of yuri:
True Yuri: Romantic Love between two girls. Generally there is teh sex. Example: Strawberry Panic.
Quasi-yuri: Romantic love is present, but not acted upon. Examples: A Channel
Pseudo-yuri: Pseudo is the Greek word for 'false', but it also has connotations of 'imitation'. Pseudo-yuri shows generally have the same drama of True Yuri, but lack the romantic connection. The relationships are generally 'Class S'. Example: Maria-sama ga Miteru
Faux Yuri: Fake Yuri. When a straight character is placed into a yuri situation, generally for comedic effect. Example: Ryuunosuke from Urusei Yatsura.

This episode wasn't even Faux Yuri. There was two seconds of one the girls flying face first into another girls chest, but that was it. There was no emotion, to drama, just a drawn out three-legged race. The show does have some yuri potential, but there has been nothing so far. What this show does have is a 7:30 minute low speed chase scene. You know what this tells me? That the writers don't have enough material to flesh out a 20 minute episode. And if they can't flesh out an episode, how are they supposed to do an entire series?

So far, this has been a major disappointment. But I am not willing to give up on it yet. The third episode will be the make or break point. But this is looking like the first drop of the spring.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
HAHA Natsukise is totally non-yuri. I've not once had an inkling that it would ever be lol. I think they were just being silly when posting. I guess they could have been joking about the spoiler[floor to bed/face to breasts] scenes.

FFFFF waiting out this next episode is excruciating! I hope its filled with more zany magical mishaps. spoiler[SIAMESE CHASE FTW!!]

Someone needs to pick this up for a simulcast BTW. We have a winner.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Even for a SoL anime, the pedestrian pace of this show is pretty painful for me. I don't care for the girls that much (bar Yuka), the animation isn't that hot and the plot doesn't make me feel warm and fluffy inside. If I'm going to watch a Slice of Life, I want an overwhelming feeling of self-satisfaction, dammit! The inclusion of the wish rock thing doesn't even push it into the magic/fantasy subgenres since it's used so casuallly and mostly as a plot device to make the girls resolve whatever trivial adolescent problems they might currently have.

I was going to drop this after episode 3 but next week is Yuka's episode, god damn. I can't see it doing a 180 any time soon though. It has very little to recommend it over other (far better) titles dealing with the same themes. At least there hasn't been any CD promoting since episode one. Thankful for small mercies.

I dunno, I kinda feel like the show is pretty... infantile? Like it's aimed squarely at a younger audience. I don't get that feeling from too many anime, so when I do get it, it really annoys me. I might be alone in feeling it, however.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I like the show so far, and yes there is a lot to watch this season but with school and video games I'm falling behind on some newer shows.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
@dirkusbirkus - I don't feel this show is infantile or that it's aimed at a younger audience than would be normal for a series of this type. I actually was pretty engaged by the dilemma of this latest episode (episode 3) which is about the poor kid who has seen something incredible and nobody will believe him. I like how that dynamic played out and how it was eventually resolved. It would be helpful if you explained more why you think NK is infantile as opposed to just making a declarative judgment without any supporting rationale.

And I can't want for next week's Yuka-centric eppie - she's my fave!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6