• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne— Anime Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
rejer wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
FireChick wrote:
We've had just about enough of stupid incest anime!!

No, we haven't

really? how many will satisfy you then? I dunno....10? 20? 30? a million?

Even a million wouldn't be enough.

.......wow...do guys really fancy a yandere little sister so much? Anime hyper

I prefer mildly tsundere little sisters, actually, but yes.

Wink

Quote:
I mean, I go gaga over yandere onii-chans too but not many girls are like me. I'm lonely. *in a sad corner*

I and many other guys I can vouch for consider that a shame. Good luck finding an elder brother!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
I am not going to be so quick to judge this to be an "incest anime". It wouldn't be the first time that someone slapped that label on an anime as soon as they read the blurb announcing it, only for it to turn out to be wrong.

Let's put it this way, the title translates as, "As Long As There's Love It Can't Be Wrong, Even If He Is My Big Brother, Right?"

I've read the first volume (there's a fan translation floating around the web) and it's as much an incest comedy as I Don't Like You At All, Big Brother from last year -- long lost siblings move in together. Sis wants to boff Bro's brains out; Bro's all, "Do not want." Then other girls start showing up and it becomes yet another harem series that happens to have some squicky elements. People who've read the later books tell me that spoiler[the series uses the standard cop-out where it turns out the siblings aren't actually blood related.]
rejer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
I am not going to be so quick to judge this to be an "incest anime". It wouldn't be the first time that someone slapped that label on an anime as soon as they read the blurb announcing it, only for it to turn out to be wrong.

Let's put it this way, the title translates as, "As Long As There's Love It Can't Be Wrong, Even If He Is My Big Brother, Right?"

I've read the first volume (there's a fan translation floating around the web) and it's as much an incest comedy as I Don't Like You At All, Big Brother from last year -- long lost siblings move in together. Sis wants to boff Bro's brains out; Bro's all, "Do not want." Then other girls start showing up and it becomes yet another harem series that happens to have some squicky elements. People who've read the later books tell me that spoiler[the series uses the standard cop-out where it turns out the siblings aren't actually blood related.]

spoiler[I think that the not blood related part actually revealed at the end of the vol 1.] It was such a troll. And Ochinko > this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
rejer wrote:
FireChick wrote:
WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! Come on, anime industry! We've had just about enough of stupid incest anime!! MOVE ON ALREADY!!! Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Well sure this one is sucks even for the imouto lovers but that's some rage you have there...

spoiler[Also not really incest as those two are not really blood related...]

That's even worse! An already-cliche with yet another cliche cop-out! Laughing

(And how does the twins thing work? A brother from a different mother?!)
Flower Metal

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
It must be glorious to have a twin sister, or maybe not, it depends.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
My god, they aren't even trying at this point anymore.

I don't really care because they will pull out of their ass "not blood related so bang her bs"

Listen quite frankly I don't give a damn if you like this subject or not now one is forcing you to watch the shit, I just wish they had to balls to do it outside of yosuga no sora . If you want to make an anime where a guy falls in love with his separated sibling and doesn't know about by doing a serious relation-ship matters aside from harem hijnks fine.

All I care about is the writers having the balls to follow through on it and give the middle finger to mainstream media. Don't back down like a bunch of pus*** because you are afraid something bad will happen, either do it or stop the cliche setup up already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
I just wish they had to balls to do it outside of yosuga no sora .

Haha...Yosuga on Sora. Haven't played the game, but loved the anime (well, part of it, but still). And, yea, I'm glad the writers did have the balls and just went with it.

I also do not wish for OreImo to go down the "not blood related" route at all. That'd be the worst.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:22 am Reply with quote
They should really make an anime out of the classic children's book Flowers in the Attic. Laughing
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
Flower Metal wrote:

Well, I'm my brother's twin sister and its no big deal. Rolling Eyes

This kind of stuff is for creepers IMO.
ShindoW

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
FireChick wrote:

No, we haven't

Wincest.

In all seriousness, I've heard from my kanji-reading friends that this is an "above-average" (whatever that means) series if you don't mind incest-type stuff.

I only checked out Ore no Imouto and Yosuga no Sora. This one looks good, too, though.

I don't really care because they will pull out of their ass "not blood related so bang her bs"

Listen quite frankly I don't give a damn if you like this subject or not now one is forcing you to watch the shit, I just wish they had to balls to do it outside of yosuga no sora . If you want to make an anime where a guy falls in love with his separated sibling and doesn't know about by doing a serious relation-ship matters aside from harem hijnks fine.

All I care about is the writers having the balls to follow through on it and give the middle finger to mainstream media. Don't back down like a bunch of pus*** because you are afraid something bad will happen, either do it or stop the cliche setup up already.

I couldn't agree with you more. Censoring any kind of art / subject matter is just insulting to your audience.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
FireChick wrote:

No, we haven't

Wincest.

In all seriousness, I've heard from my kanji-reading friends that this is an "above-average" (whatever that means) series if you don't mind incest-type stuff.

Yeah, Its a very good selling LN too... like better selling than most recent LNs that have gotten anime too. Must be something good about it.
DCR

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
I don't get it... How can they be twins if they are not blood related?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
DCR wrote:
I don't get it... How can they be twins if they are not blood related?

mistake in identity, or cop-outs in the writings due in part they don't want to follow through on the concept they build on. They set up saying these people are blood related however they don't know it, then fall in love. To make it okay it turns out they aren't so it's okay a** pull they always do. I stated this before in my other post, if you don't like the concept fine however at-least go through with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping the sister is futanari! That'd be an interesting twist.

Listen quite frankly I don't give a damn if you like this subject or not now one is forcing you to watch the shit, I just wish they had to balls to do it outside of yosuga no sora. If you want to make an anime where a guy falls in love with his separated sibling and doesn't know about by doing a serious relation-ship matters aside from harem hijnks fine.

There's some good BL titles where this happens between full brothers, but as for standard hetero siblings, yeah it's pretty cliche to just do the whole unrelated cop out.
Genet

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Flower Metal wrote:

Well, I'm my brother's twin sister and its no big deal. Rolling Eyes

This kind of stuff is for creepers IMO.

I agree. I'm not a twin, but have 5 siblings. I find incest kinda really creepy, and I'm not sure I understand where the fascination comes from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4