• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds More Anime to Veoh Video Website

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holybell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
If only the shows are available outside of the US... ._.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quote
[quote="babbo"]
Quote:
Based on the dub? Cherami Leigh's Mai is a little too nasal for my likes; couldn't really make it through more than a couple eps, it's passable if you need a dub, but I'm not sure I'd want to base a purchase on it. I'm kinda left wishing that they were putting up some of the sub as well for comparison purposes. Slayers has a pretty lackluster dub for instance imo <.<

well the sub is availible at funimation's main video portal on their site. In fact a lot of these series on hulu/joost/veoh are availible in sub/dub on their site, with no commercial!

I happened to enjoy Cherami Leigh's Mai very much, she had all the spunk and personality down Wink . If anything her performance was the highlight of the dub. Admittaly I've never heard the original.

Yea slayers dubs are kinda ehh... well I can't say about the ADV versions cause I've never heard one but I'm told they're better.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quote
holybell wrote:
Oh that would make too much sence. Apprently we're just sucking blood off the american internet.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
holybell wrote:
Oh that would make too much sence. Apprently we're just sucking blood off the american internet.

I can see the first four episodes of Suzuka just fine on Funimation's own site. International rights must've been cheap or something. Most of the other shows I've tried are locked.

Otaku USA's Virtual DVD is good worldwide, thankfully. Downside is that the stream is only good for a month or so.

What puzzles me about region-locked streams is when trailers and promos aren't viewable worldwide.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2