• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Evangelion Remake Film to be Titled Q quickening

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I hear the fourth movie's title is Dial P for Pen Pen.

I always assumed that Pen-Pen was a top secret experiment in assasinations.

I mean he was a super intelligent penquin that had hands, and could tolerate warm temperatures. What else could he be.

The assault on Nerv will have the entire Japanese Self Defense Force take on Pen-Pen in a battle through the entire Geofront.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I skimmed through the review. The only thing that I want to know is if it's actually different than the show. I couldn't really tell any difference between the first film and the first few episodes.

I read that the new movie has an angel battle with an entirely new pilot so I guess it's safe to say this one will be pretty different. I'm excited to see it. Hopefully whoever has the license can crank this thing out as soon as possible and we don't have another 2-3 year wait.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad about having made the conscious decision to wait until all four movies are out before even trying to start watching any of them. The wait would probably get to me otherwise at this rate.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[OMG, they kill Asuka?!?! What the hell?! ;;_;; Okay so she's seen briefly in the preview for the third movie, but still. Rei "dies" but somehow still gets saved (despite there being more than one of her), but they just let Asuka "die?" They'll think we're just alright with Mari coming in & taking her place? Hell no!]

/fanboy rant
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Next summer for 2.0? Don't hold your breath, it took two years for 1.0, I'm pretty sure all the others will take that long.

You mean the release date in Japan? I think all the movies are planned to release a year after each other. While 1.0 might've taken two years to make production on the others would've still been ongoing from that point so I think they'll make schedule okay...

If you meant the US release, then yeah I don't know... we still haven't heard anything official confirming a blu-ray release and I intend to wait for that.
kkofthefunkoff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I wonder if the budget for the movie ran out halfway through production? Laughing

heres hoping not or else we the fans will do stuff i just finished the last episode and WOW they reused alot of footage and had to use drawings thats how in debt they were i guess
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
The only thing that I want to know is if it's actually different than the show. I couldn't really tell any difference between the first film and the first few episodes.

Right at the end of the first film, things start getting different. And by all accounts, they get very different from the second film onwards.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
Q...as in the continuum? Oh god I'm a nerd.

Of course they could always translate it to Evangelion: 3.0 You Can [Not] Make Sense.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quote
domino wrote:
I didn't realize it came out yesterday. Maybe I will go see it if the reactions are positive...
But then again, the first movie got a lot of praise but I fell asleep during it, so maybe I just don't get the Eva hype. Can't say no to nice animation, though.

Just saw it: You will (not) fall asleep.

The first movie felt like an uber version of the TV series.
This movie felt like a brand new story that was "similar" to the TV series.
It's seriously action-packed and I wasn't bothered by thinking things like "hmm, did they change this from the original?" because there was no need. The answer was 98% "yes."

I do think that the 3rd movie might be the last one, however. They got very "far" into the plot in this movie. It's sort of difficult to compare to episode numbers because everything is so different, but I don't think there's 4-5 hours of story left if they continue at this pace.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:57 am Reply with quote
From the spoilers I've read, it seems more Shinji-centered and plot oriented, but it comes at the cost of the enrichment of Asuka, Misato, and some others.

But, I've also read Pen Pen gets a cute new scene, so I'm looking forward to seeing that some day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
edzieba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:18 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the title is a triple pun: Q/kyu/cue.
samuelp wrote:
I do think that the 3rd movie might be the last one, however.
The announced release plan is to have the 3rd and 4th movies released in cinemas at the same time. There has not been any mention of whether these final two films will both be feature length, will be part of the same billing,or some other variation.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
domino wrote:
I didn't realize it came out yesterday. Maybe I will go see it if the reactions are positive...
But then again, the first movie got a lot of praise but I fell asleep during it, so maybe I just don't get the Eva hype. Can't say no to nice animation, though.

Just saw it: You will (not) fall asleep.

The first movie felt like an uber version of the TV series.
This movie felt like a brand new story that was "similar" to the TV series.
It's seriously action-packed and I wasn't bothered by thinking things like "hmm, did they change this from the original?" because there was no need. The answer was 98% "yes."

I do think that the 3rd movie might be the last one, however. They got very "far" into the plot in this movie. It's sort of difficult to compare to episode numbers because everything is so different, but I don't think there's 4-5 hours of story left if they continue at this pace.

Maybe Anno can just simply keep making more shit up as he goes and basically create something absolutely new? Let's just hope they don't bankrupt Gainax again, and we end up with sketches for the fourth movie.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Of course they could always translate it to Evangelion: 3.0 You Can [Not] Make Sense.

You know, that's the best (joke) title I've heard for an Evangelion movie yet.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote
The Evangelion phenomenon of Japan reminds me so much of the Star Wars phenomenon of America. Reading this article makes me feel like I wish I was Japanese and a part of the hype and crowds of fans there, and actually be a part of the event.

I loved End of Evangelion, partly because without it I wouldn't have fully appreciated the TV ending. But considering all the differences as well as similarities in the new movies, I'm really curious and excited to find out how this version of the story ends.

It also seems like 'Beautiful World' is the mainstay ending theme song of the movies, such as 'Fly Me to the Moon' was for the TV series.

Last edited by pachy_boy on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

You know, that's the best (joke) title I've heard for an Evangelion movie yet.
How about Evangelion 4.0, You Can [Not] Get Screwed Enough, Can You?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3