• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha's Final Chapters Get TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
...I thought this wouldn't happen but I have to get this overwith...

OMG YAY! Very Happy

I look forward to seeing this animated. Sure, the story got dragged out longer than it should but WHO CARES?

It's the one series that exceeds a hundred episodes I am actually willing to watch to conclusion.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote
so after how many years now after rerun after rerun after rerun of the first series they're finally going to finish it............... I'd have to agree with ikillchicken out of all things that are getting a revival we get this? I haven't watched berserker yet but seriously there are probably Dozens upon dozens of titles that deserve a revival far more then inuyasha
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Berserk, pssh, we'll be lucky if that concludes in our lifetime. Wink

No! Don't say that! It's the nightmare of every Berserk fan that Miura will kick it (God forbid!) before he's finished! Don't jinx it! Crying or Very sad
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
Berserk, pssh, we'll be lucky if that concludes in our lifetime. Wink

No! Don't say that! It's the nightmare of every Berserk fan that Miura will kick it (God forbid!) before he's finished! Don't jinx it! Crying or Very sad

I was talking more about OUR lifetimes. Miura clearly has immortality, hence why he can release chapters at whatever pace he wants. Smile
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:16 am Reply with quote
Good God!

I was hoping this series would die already Evil or Very Mad Inuyasha's fangirl base is absolutely the worst that I had to deal with. I too was in love with the series when it first came and own most of the DVDs, but the fillers and the lack of Kikyou--my favorite character--in the last third made me drop it.

Guess I'll be back to those Kikyou vs. Kagome debates once the series is dubbed Twisted Evil
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
Good God!

I was hoping this series would die already Evil or Very Mad Inuyasha's fangirl base is absolutely the worst that I had to deal with. I too was in love with the series when it first came and own most of the DVDs, but the fillers and the lack of Kikyou--my favorite character--in the last third made me drop it.

Guess I'll be back to those Kikyou vs. Kagome debates once the series is dubbed Twisted Evil

You do realize that Kikyou was the worst and most hated character in the fanbase right?

Also I hope alot of you realize that alot doesn't change in this apparent anime finale, Inuyasha gets like two or so more upgrades in his sword, Naruku REMAINS the final boss and nothing interesting character wise happens until the final chapter of the manga (as in, Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship apart from the usual saving from sudden danger thing).

I'm a horrible old fan of this series, and I'm not sure if I'm happy or depressed about this news. I'll probably watch this finale since I do agree that they animate the series MUCH better than Rumiko can draw, but it won't be long before all the people possibly excited about this series will hate it for all the same reasons it had when it still aired.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:
He's doing great as Allelujah!

Apparently you've been listening to the dub with your ears covered. He's a horrible Allelujah. As Hallelujah, though, he's all right.

I'll give it to ya, in the earlier episodes of Season 1, he sounded kinda blah and depressed all the time, but when he was shocked by Quantum Brain Waves or turned into his alter-ego, his performance was spot-on! But that's because the Allelujah character was supposed to start out stoic. As for InuYasha, well, we both know he's a brash, arrogant punk, who overflows with emotion! I guess I'll always have a soft spot for IY, because it is the show that got me back into anime after Toonami's disappearance from weekdays in 2004.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 am Reply with quote
Well since the manga is complete there is absolutly no excuse to have any filler. This means we finally get to see spoiler[the death of kikyo, kagura, kanna, hakudoshi, moryomaru, naraku and that creepy-ass baby] animated.
R.G.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote
If this is true,God willing,we can finally watch the conclusion of this saga.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
And we get to see spoiler[Sesshomaru's mom and byakuya animated plus Meidou Zangetsuha]
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quote
OMG Shocked
I am so happy right now Anime smile , I seriously never ever EVER would have thought this to happen. Totally made my day!
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quote
Alright! This is great news to me!

Inuyasha's always been my favorite the long-running shonens with One Piece as a very close second. (I like demons and Rin. Sue me.) I can't wait to finally see the later parts of the story animated.

I do hope either VIZ will pick it up and send some more work Ocean's way for the English dub or, at the very least, another company that's willing to keep dub continuity will license it.

Now, excuse me while I laugh at you haters in my best Nelson from the Simpsons way. Wink
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
The number one surprise of the year? THIS!!!!

Now THIS is the craziest thing I've heard in a while and I am DEFINATELY tuning in to finish this thing!! ...even though I read the last manga chapter to see how it went Anime hyper Oh well, I JUST may hang onto my season 1 boxset afterall...
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote
I am so happy right now, I cant take it! Inuyasha is still in my top 5 anime's and I dont care who knows, so this is the best news I've heard in a long time! To all the people who dont watch it just because of some of the fans, you are missing out! Smile

Last edited by bleachigo66 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote
This must be a gift from the heavens. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 15