• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Anime to Be Film in 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
russo869, a lot of anime is sill enjoyable to certain people. Even though it lost its spark after the original manga, I still enjoy Yugioh.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
If they didn't ruin Yu-gi-oh with their stupid sequels I might've been happy to hear about this.
Siliva

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
If they didn't ruin Yu-gi-oh with Yu-Gi-Oh GX I might've been happy to hear about this.

Fixes in bold; 5D's is awesome for what it is.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Tatsu, I just watched episode 76 today. The dub is up to episode 52. You have 26 episodes to catch up in the dub and nearly twice as much in the Japanese.

Like I said, I'll get to them eventually. I'm in hording mode right now so I still have 5+ other series I have to finish too. Sometimes sacrifices must be made between life, work, manga, anime, and video games. Lately Video games have been winning with life and work in a dead heat for second. Razz

And uwah... I gotta find downloads for 30 some episodes now...

Didn't mind GX so much except you could see the limits of their budget from time to time (insert digital pane in of monster here) and the fact they were on a island school. It would have been more interesting if they explored the school aspect more and put the school in an actual city rather then its own little world. A school in a city specializing in dueling I could see happening in the Yugioh universe. That school on a remote island? Yeah that's a little too much.

"Don't our parents even care that we're missing?" - Tristan/Honda
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Kazama Shunsuke is going to return for this project???
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Very typical, have all three main character return for one major fight. Odd that none of them seem to have aged.

Too bad 4kids will butcher this and completely ruin it. But yeah, 5 D's is horriable though.
Ciphony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I tried watching 5D's, found it more entertaining than GX, but didn't want to watch it after the first 20 episodes.
I liked the first series, and like to leave it at that.
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Very typical, have all three main character return for one major fight. Odd that none of them seem to have aged.

Too bad 4kids will butcher this and completely ruin it. But yeah, 5 D's is horriable though.
That is, IF 4Kids get to ruin it.

Might be alight, though I ve seen zero episodes of 5Ds :/
Tigergal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Cool movie like a fanfiction crossover for Yugioh!

Can't wait, and no yugioh not even pokemon have lost their spark for me and I am now 24 lol ( I don't follow the crow so what do I care.)

But back to topic I loved the first Yugioh and I still do but GX was boring at the beginning so I stopped lol then later on I found myself watching a much later episode, that was pretty dark with the GX character playing the card game to save himself from actually getting hurt for real by a man that had the same Millennium rod that Marik had in the first yugioh.

My point is give Yugioh GX a chance by sticking to it lol or try watching a later episode like I did (You never know things might just heat up in the later episodes)

An as for the yugioh 5d's I only have seen the 1st episode but it wasn't so bad but yet I know I just have to give it a chance and maybe I'll end up getting hooked as I did with the later yugioh gx episodes.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I love how 5Ds knows it's not the original series so it doesn't try to be. Instead it heads out in its own darkier and edgier direction with campy elements.

And you people love it for the motorcycles. Admit it. I have. Very Happy
malik_chan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Yugi wins.

On a serious note, I look forward to see what Paradox's dub name will be since that name was taken by those duelist in Duelist Kingdom with the maze.
Fei Jai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Who the heck is LK? Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see how they pull this one off. Anyone remember Yugioh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light? That was horrendous on soooo many levels. The part where Kaiba is flying off in his jet while that soundtrack was playing? O-M-G.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:00 am Reply with quote
russ869

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
Tigergal wrote:
But back to topic I loved the first Yugioh and I still do but GX was boring at the beginning so I stopped lol then later on I found myself watching a much later episode, that was pretty dark with the GX character playing the card game to save himself from actually getting hurt for real by a man that had the same Millennium rod that Marik had in the first yugioh.

Huh?! You're saying there are Millennium Items in GX? Are you sure you're not making that up? I mean it wouldn't even make any sense.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
Tigergal wrote:

Huh?! You're saying there are Millennium Items in GX? Are you sure you're not making that up? I mean it wouldn't even make any sense.

There was I believe. And a Milennium puzzle bad guy. I think 2 actually. But its canonical so they were either fake or some darker copy etc etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2