• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama, Haruhi Suzumiya Films' Dates Listed in 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I would watch it any way Wink

still I want season 1 style back for the movie at least
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Gintama subbed and on Crunchyroll?
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Hey, what a pleasant surprise. Rather than a TV season, Disappearance gets a feature film. Outstanding!
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote
All those arguments on why Gintama can't be dubbed in English are ridiculous considering that the show was dubbed in Italian. Italian! Now please explain to me why Italians get more Japanese cultural in-jokes than English speakers do.

As for sales and TV broadcasts, yeah, that seems to be the problem. I can't see it airing on MTV here (as it did in Italy) and [as] would probably not air it either...

That "trailer" seemed to be a pretty obviously fan-made. I recognized all the scenes and the music from the show. But, man, Shinpachi screams like a girl!
Eivion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That "trailer" seemed to be a pretty obviously fan-made. I recognized all the scenes and the music from the show. But, man, Shinpachi screams like a girl!

Have you somehow missed that episode?
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Quote:

Have you somehow missed that episode?

He, he, no, I just forgot how high pitch his scream is.
Kaloshin_Sama, Gintama is available on Crunchyroll, but unlike its Shonen Jump peers, Bleach and Naruto, its anime is unliscenced and unavailable on DVD in the states. I'm not into owning my anime for collecting's sake ('cept I have no means of watching it 'cause the last few months my sole connection to the net has been my cell) Sad but I do wish it had a dub. Hearing Gin, Shinpachi, Kagura, et al speak in English would rock my socks!
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
All those arguments on why Gintama can't be dubbed in English are ridiculous considering that the show was dubbed in Italian. Italian! Now please explain to me why Italians get more Japanese cultural in-jokes than English speakers do.

The Italian dub isn't a direct translation of the Japanese script. They've pretty much rewritten alot of the cultural references, such as when they mention Japanese shows such as "Ladies 4" etc. The anime references are intact though.

The trailer is from episode 74 or 75, where the Yorozuya Trio sit back and look back at all the arcs that have taken place so far. It's basically a recap episode, although with stuff like that trailer and scenes where Prince Hata dubs over Takasugi in a recap scene.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

As for sales and TV broadcasts, yeah, that seems to be the problem. I can't see it airing on MTV here (as it did in Italy) and [as] would probably not air it either...

I haven't watched Gintama nor do I know anything about Italian TV, but . . . our MTV here in America definitely isn't the place for anime. Sad

When I do get a chance to watch American TV, I avoid MTV because it's plagued with idiots and terrible reality junk instead of anything worth watching . . . like a Music Video!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
moohoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
moohoo wrote:
Gintama needs to hit the states is what im saying Laughing and don't say theres no way to dub it theres all ways a way.
I don't even care if it gets dubbed. It just needs to be brought over but I fear Funi is the only one in good enough shape to do it.
Maybe but there is SENTAI FILMWORKS aka ADV. thay have been bringing out meny anime that people like viz funi animeworks n so on. wont pick up the best part about SENTAI FILMWORKS is thay dont dub just sub. some hope i gess Razz
farichada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote
khryoleoz wrote:
Hey, what a pleasant surprise. Rather than a TV season, Disappearance gets a feature film. Outstanding!

It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internets, but I think I just detected it. Personally, I would be happy for a movie or another season. As long they stick to their season 1 formula and keep loyal to the light novels everything should work out nicely. I really don't know why people are keeping a grudge against KyoAni for the endless eight nonsense. Sure, it was disappointing, but it's not like you were paying for it or they were stabbing you in the back. I thought it was original, though I admit I began to get irritated.
batou37

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Eivion"]
Quote:

He, he, no, I just forgot how high pitch his scream is.
Kaloshin_Sama, Gintama is available on Crunchyroll, but unlike its Shonen Jump peers, Bleach and Naruto, its anime is unliscenced and unavailable on DVD in the states. !

This is probably to me the most depressing situation in all of anime. I would buy every episode in blu ray the day that each disc came out. I dont even have a blu ray player but this would be the tipping point for me to buy one. Yeah I watch it on CR on my TV but it's in 3:4 ratio... Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2