• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece's Luffy Adorns Cover of Men's Fashion Mag

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
One Piece is an icon. I'd be talking about it even as an old man. Being on a magazine would be one of my many stories.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote
Interesting, I too would like to see who they got as the real life models for those characters.
Buuhan1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to disappoint you guys (I know I am), but ANN reported this wrong. There are no models dressed up as One Piece characters at all in the magazine. This is a quote from a highly reputable user over on Arlong Park forums by the name of Greg in response to demands to see the "reported" models:
Quote:
That was what ANN reported but I never saw that mentioned anywhere. The only thing one could even say it has in common is those opening pages have a loosely based marine-themed style (as in seafaring) and that's about it.

So the only real die-hard link to One Piece in this issue is the cover, and an interview with Eiichiro Oda.

Sorry guys, we're all disappointed. They probably wouldn't have been very good anyways.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Buuhan1 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you guys (I know I am), but ANN reported this wrong. There are no models dressed up as One Piece characters at all in the magazine. This is a quote from a highly reputable user over on Arlong Park forums by the name of Greg in response to demands to see the "reported" models:
Quote:
That was what ANN reported but I never saw that mentioned anywhere. The only thing one could even say it has in common is those opening pages have a loosely based marine-themed style (as in seafaring) and that's about it.

So the only real die-hard link to One Piece in this issue is the cover, and an interview with Eiichiro Oda.

Sorry guys, we're all disappointed. They probably wouldn't have been very good anyways.

Well, to be fair, ANN didn't actually report that there were going to be models dressed as One Piece characters - just that there were models resembling those characters, and they were going to be dressed up in seaman/pirate clothes.
Close, but not quite the same thing, evidently. Razz

Still, it's a shame - I'd have liked to have seen a model resembling Usopp. Razz
Thanks for the update. Smile
jim-robes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:40 am Reply with quote
i would like to see him in bathrobes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2