• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Enviable Beast Mounts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Thought Catherine the Great had 7 Enviable Beast Mounts..................
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
No Kokuoh!? Raoh's horse curb stomps people! AND HE'S A REGULAR HORSE!! + he has honor and respect.
Chaottic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow no yusuke for detective? The best detectives are the ones who blow everything up.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

This might be the best thing ever said here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
sonryu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
D's horse is a generic, typical, everyday, run of the mill cybernetic horse, the one that can found anywhere cybernetic horses are sold/bred in the world of Vampire Hunter D. It's D's skill as the rider that makes the horse perform above and beyond it's limitations; put anyone else on that same horse and it's nothing special. While having D as it's rider makes for an enviable horse, it's also having D as a rider that makes it the most unenviable, as his horse usually gets killed/destroyed everytime D's attacked Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
4. Horseclaws Kai and Kui (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind) Horseclaws are the Chocobo-like creatures in Ghibli's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, a film that features a number of unique creatures. Kai and Kui are Nausicaä's personal Horseclaws, given to her by Lord Yupa. The Horseclaws were genetically engineered after horses went extinct. They are loyal creatures, something Kai proves when he makes the ultimate sacrifice for Nausicaä in the film.
No he made it in the manga, not the film.

What? No love for Holo the Wisewolf? Her heart will be broken. and what of the wolves of San's kin in Princess Mononoke? For shame.

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
HockeyKamen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Mc-Taz wrote:
Keep in mind that Chiyo is only 10 years old, so compared to most high schoolers she is very small. Not that it really changes that Tadakichi would be able to carry her around much.
Dunno if Chiyo-chan ever saw the series 'Meiken Jolie' better known in the US as 'Belle and Sebastian'. Wink

Freakmasta wrote:
No Kokuoh!? Raoh's horse curb stomps people! AND HE'S A REGULAR HORSE!! + he has honor and respect.
See Ep. 66 to see what Freakmasta meant. And judging from the size, I'd say Kokuoh is taller than a Clydesdale. That would definitely get you a few curious onlookers if you're able to saddle up and ride him.

My memory may be fuzzy on this one, but I don't know if Ryo Sanada(Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) ever rode into battle on White Blaze - a white bengal tiger (Off the top of my head, I have no idea what it's name in the original Japanese version is). It would be another option to consider if that was the case. Smile

belvadeer wrote:
Hey, I don't see Kyu from Detective School Q on the choices list. Now that kid is an awesome detective. Naturally I'm skewed toward Conan, but still, Kyu could rival him in the kid detective category.
If they were on the ballot, it would be a tough choice for me between Conan, Kyu and L here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Aww, mention of D's horse, but not Kokuoh, Raoh's horse, from Fist of the North Star? He doesn't just make an entrance on this thing, he fights on it too. The things hoof prints are the size of an elephant's on top of it. Seriously, Kenshiro punches the thing in the face and barely stops it. That is one badass horse without a doubt.

And if you're thinking of Freddie's horse from Cromartie High School, that thing is a reference to Kokuoh, so it would make more sense for Kokuoh to be there. Freddie just rides his horse to the bathroom (and once, it bit Maeda's head), so it does a lot less than Kokuoh does.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
From the article:
Quote:
Regardless of what form he is in, Shooter can inexplicably make horse noises.

Obviously in motorcycle form that is the sound of the electronic horn. Very Happy
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

You just won the internet.

One of the contenders for the list (although it doesn't quite count as a mount) that I wish I could of included was Totoro's Catbus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
No Panda from Tekken: Blood Vengeance? Who wouldn't want to rise a martial-arts panda to school?
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
rokudo55 wrote:
how come in the choices for poll there's no L from deathnote!? he's the best
Add another person who would have voted for L had he been a choice in the poll (although he does have some competition with the one that I did vote for, Conan Edogawa).
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
The lack of both L from Death Note and Victorique from Gosick on the current poll is very surprising. Lynzee, please add them!
pendleh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Sadaharu from Gintama, I thought he would have made the list
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Isn't there a kid who rides a goat to school in Nichijo? I haven't watched many episodes of the show, but I think that's pretty funny!

I don't like mysteries much, so I'm not voting, but isn't Inspector Zenigata's role in Lupin III to be left behind frustrated as Lupin and friends get away with yet another heist? No matter how good he is, Lupin's always better. Not a good guy to go to if Lupin just ran away with your country's crown jewels or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4