• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rie Kugimiya's Fans Wait 25+ Days Outdoors in Taiwan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
And really, if you care that much about an autograph, I've really got to wonder about you.

I'm sure they really, really care what you think about them.

Rolling Eyes
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Too hardcore for me. Even if I like the shows Rie Kugimiya stars in. And you know what? It's always weird that I keep forgetting she does Alphonse in FMA. Her Tsundere stuff is really ingraining.

She was also Hotaru in Gakuen Alice; and I believe she was in Shingu. But yeah, she knows what her bread and butter voice is.

except Hotaru was female. The only big surprise so far for Kugimiya's role for me would be Miharu in Nabari no Ou. I sure didn't see that one coming. Her recent role as Happy in Fairy Tail is absolutely hilarious.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I'd say "great job on getting the interview!"

except for the fact that interviewing a bunch of people who must stand in the same place for ~20 days might be the easiest interview to get ever.

(interesting idea, however)
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
All those people waiting for 25 days straight? I'm betting the smell was unbearable Mad
nght5tlkr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
For those who have yet to understand, I'll put it plainly:

Asians are suckers for collecting limited edition items or acquiring rarities.

Slap limited edition on any item and you can bet that we'll buy it. Am I ashamed of this habit? Not really...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
machetecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
....WOOOOOOOW....

I remember people waiting in line for 3 days straight to get a PS3 when it first came out. I thought those guys were hardcore nuts.

I love autographs and collector's stuff myself, but I just could never see myself doing anything remotely close to that. And honestly, if I were a celeb, I think I'd be kinda creeped out by a fanbase THAT dedicated.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Even if it was a VA that I liked, I wouldn't go that far. I can only really stand Kugimiya as Al, personally.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Guess there is a job problem in Taiwan as well.

These guys are dedicated to be sure, but uh... we'll just leave it there.

Yeah I bet they feel stupid for not making some more plates. Imagine the sales from 80,000 versus 150. Of course she wouldn't sign 80,000, but she could certainly do more than 150.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kireblue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
[The only big surprise so far for Kugimiya's role for me would be Miharu in Nabari no Ou. I sure didn't see that one coming. Her recent role as Happy in Fairy Tail is absolutely hilarious.

I was actually really shocked when I heard her as the voice of Mimi from RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
And then comes the announcement that she won't be able to make it....... Laughing
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many users here have noticed what's in the fans' mouths in the newly updated picture. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah. I smell a new anime series. Shocked Signature Line Battle!

Avoiding security patrols , tot reform a line, just to get a signature. That's hardcore. Sounds like an entertaining 1-26 season too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I wonder how many users here have noticed what's in the fans' mouths in the newly updated picture. Wink

With the size of the picture I can't tell it from hamburgers.. but I'm guessing melon bread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
pparker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Definitely melon bread. She's my solid favorite voice actress after Toradora!, but the reason really is her range. Look at her credits, and you'll be surprised how many roles she does and how different they are. She's a true "actor" in my book. The tsundere thing just happened and is a minor part of her overall work. Obviously she and her management are smart to be cashing in on it.

However, no... not waiting in line for 25 days Wink. Would have bid at the auction, though, because those plates will go for insane prices in the next few weeks.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
With the size of the picture I can't tell it from hamburgers.. but I'm guessing melon bread.

Click here for an enlarged picture.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3