• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Haruhi Anime Season's DVDs Mentioned in New Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Trust me, there's no reason to double-dip for season 2. I would buy it once, and not right away.

It got an official YouTube stream already, I can say that I've already seen it without having to parse my words and I will buy "Endless Eight" twice just to have it on BluRay despite my being less than enthusiastic about the way Kyoto Animation drug the whole thing out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
Christina Vee? I very much doubt they're going to replace a veteran like Wendee Lee with some newbie, unless Lee actually turned the role down.

Granted, Lee wasn't my first choice for Haruhi, it was Kari Wahlgren, but she does a good job.

This is like when people thought whatsherface from Power Rangers was going to be Haruhi just because she was in the promo vids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
How are they going to market this? Even if they do a joke dub, I fail to see it going far when every episode is still exactly the goddamn same. What are they gonna do, have repeats of the same jokes as well?
But it isn't the exactly the same. Same plot, different script, different animation. spoiler[ And it's only 8 of the episodes. ] And despite what a few loud haters say, it isn't that hated.

Not different script. If every episode had a different script, maybe it'd be worth watching. As is it we have the same episode animated eight different times. Occasionally there's a noticable differance in a performance, but these differances never come to anything, so all that's left is superficial stuff like what color Haruhi's bikini is this time around. The exact same thing really does happen 6.9 times (which is being nice and not counting the first one which doesn't do the time loop thing, and the last part of the final one).

Wait, did you just say it's "only" eight episodes?
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I'm assuming Bandai will include a dub on this release. I bet Wendee Lee and Crispin Freeman sure can't wait to deliver the same lines for eight episodes! Frankly, I don't see how Aya Hirano and Tomokazu Sugita got through it.

Might not be Wendee Lee. Some think Cristina Vee might be taking over for S2.

That is the senerio I fear and even Bandia isn't as stupid as to change the best part of the Dub (aside form Kyon and his sarcastic remarks) Just on a Whim. But man, you got to love what Crispin Freeman did with Kyon and now he voiced him, it's as if that is how he acts in real life, he just mad it sound so natural).
Also, wasn't Haruhi Season 2 28 episode long not 26 so that makes it 8 out of the 28 episodes. Just clarifying. Laughing
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
Well, with this being announced, I guess either my brother or I'll soon be buying TMoHS at last (I must be one of the few people that haven't purchased it). Personally, I've been waiting for Season 2 to come out on DVD before I even tried to purchase it for myself.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Shay Guy wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I'm assuming Bandai will include a dub on this release. I bet Wendee Lee and Crispin Freeman sure can't wait to deliver the same lines for eight episodes! Frankly, I don't see how Aya Hirano and Tomokazu Sugita got through it.

Might not be Wendee Lee. Some think Cristina Vee might be taking over for S2.

That is the senerio I fear and even Bandia isn't as stupid as to change the best part of the Dub (aside form Kyon and his sarcastic remarks) Just on a Whim. But man, you got to love what Crispin Freeman did with Kyon and now he voiced him, it's as if that is how he acts in real life, he just mad it sound so natural).
Also, wasn't Haruhi Season 2 28 episode long not 26 so that makes it 8 out of the 28 episodes. Just clarifying. Laughing

No, it makes it 8 out of 14, because the rest of it was just a re-run of the first season. That is the exact same thing as saying that Slayers Next is really 78 episodes because it's part of Slayers as a whole. No, it doesn't work like that.
Shale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

Also, wasn't Haruhi Season 2 28 episode long not 26 so that makes it 8 out of the 28 episodes. Just clarifying. :lol:

If by 28 you mean 14, sure.
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Christina Vee? I very much doubt they're going to replace a veteran like Wendee Lee with some newbie, unless Lee actually turned the role down.

Cristina Vee's "God Knows" >>>>>>>>>>> Wendee Lee's "God Knows"

Wink
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Not different script.

Yes different script. Slightly different, but different. And not just the number Yuki gives, there are variations in the actual dialogue.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
like what color Haruhi's bikini is

..... no need to say more, I'm sold and I will buy this for that sentence. Laughing

Last edited by rinkwolf10 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Wink

Aya Hirano's "God Knows" > *

Also, I find Vee to be pretty annoying. Wendee Lee did a fairly good job for an older woman singing as a teenage girl.

Last edited by penguintruth on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Splitter wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Wink

Aya Hirano's "God Knows" > *

WELL NO KIDDING!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
ASOS always made me wanna puke
Shale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:

Yes different script. Slightly different, but different. And not just the number Yuki gives, there are variations in the actual dialogue.

If you can watch the whole show and not notice that more than half the episodes don't have exactly the same script, that doesn't speak well for it.

Unless you're taking the whole thing as performance art, which I'm inclined to do.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:58 am Reply with quote
You see, what most people here many not realize or consider is that there are many strict dub only fan that don't care about this rumors of the Endless Eight and are just craving for some more of TMOHS. So much so that they will by it on a whim, and there are so many of them that I think despite all this "hate" towards Haruhi Season 2 it will still be a success in sales. It's like getting more Full Metal Panic, no one cares what it entales because it's been so long since it had a new release, it was good so far and they just want more of it.

Never under eslitmate the power of obsestion, in this case otaku..... Just for the record, I'm not saying I'm one. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6