• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Satoshi Nishimura, director of Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I think that they said at the premiere that they'd been working on the movie for quite a while (forgot the number of years. And, of course, no electronics were allowed, so I couldn't take notes on my phone).
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Just want to thank Crystalyn Hodgkins for this interview and all her work covering SakuraCon. (yes, I read and enjoyed all of it).

Really, really looking forward to seeing this movie.

Thank you very much! And thanks for reading all of the write up. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Both Nishimura and character designer Takahiro Yoshimatsu worked very closely with Yasuhiro Nightow. I wrote a little about this in my Sakura-Con writeup, but Yoshimatsu and Nightow worked together on the character designs, with Nightow himself creating some of the characters, and the staff would all get together and talk about each others' designs. It seems Nightow was very involved in the film, on both the story side and the character design side.

Over and over both Nishimura and Yoshimatsu reiterated it was the American fans that made this movie possible, and that both said they would love to work on an adaptation of the rest of Nightow's manga and that it's not an impossible idea, but they would need the fans to keep clamoring for it, for it to have a chance.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I am also hoping for an English dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2