• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Next Pokémon Anime: Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I really hope that isn't the new girl.. her hair is just a bit too weird. I'm disappointed they didn't go with White.

Sadly, that's the new girl. They showed the silhouette of that girl's exact figure. We just don't know the color of her features.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
"Best Wishes!" and no Ash in the silhouette. I'm sure he'll be in the series somewhere, but I guess it's true he's no longer the main character.

Now this is getting really interesting.

I also saw that on serebii.net

it seems for the new series, Satoshi wont be the main. It's probably gonna be Iris (who'll replace Hikari as the female).

then does that mean satoshi is gonna be like those side guests?

and this news also hints that satoshi is probably going to lose the sinnouh league,even though i though he might from the english title.'s name . well I'm definitely interested. It has not been shaked uped in a long while since the intro of Haruka from the Advanced Generation series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jonindarkrai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
gapgapgap wrote:
minakichan wrote:
Also, no one watches every episode of Pokemon.

I see you have not been to certain Pokemon forums.

Of course, I view most of these people as downright insane, but whatever.

.... Yea about that...... Im pretty close to LOL, but ash is in there sorry guys, But i hear there is no brock, the only way id be okay with them getting rid of brock is if they got rid of ash
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
From what I heard, they aren't getting rid of Ash and he'll still be the main character.
piemonger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
i doubt highly thier going to get rid of Ash
they've had him for 10 plus years now, and I've yest to see him age a year or so......sadly
would love to see him travel with BOTH boy and girl starters from Black and White, instead of keeping punching-bag Brock and what-not.

would be something new, thought I've not watched pokemon since advance generation when i was in 3rd grade.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
and this news also hints that satoshi is probably going to lose the sinnouh league,even though i though he might from the english title.'s name . well I'm definitely interested. It has not been shaked uped in a long while since the intro of Haruka from the Advanced Generation series.

Actually, from reading the episode guides on Serebii, I think he's gonna win. I mean, for the first time he has 3 fully evolved Pokemon on one team (Staraptor, Infernape, and Torterra). And according to the latest guide, he calls in some of his old Pokes including Muk, Heracross, Snorlax, Quilava, Bayleef, Torkoal, Donphan and I'm sure you can throw in Charizard since he is his biggest badass.

I think he has a legit chance this time. Besides, I doubt they'll let Paul win 3 times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, to be honest, even if Ash is still there for the whole series, I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a backseat kind of role most of the time. Based on how much Dawn was featured in DP, they seem to be heading in that direction.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
ugh pleaaasssee no more! I loved the first 2-3 seasons. But now it's lacking and the pokemon are getting ridiculous! I mean wtf a honey comb pokemon, a wind chime. O.O Team rocket was overused! blahhhh. I love pokemon but there's a limit. The series is being butchered.

Ash is like immortal too, he hasn't aged since the first season lol
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
If they're going to give Satoshi/Ash a send-off before the new season, I would like to see him become the Champion finally. After all this time, he's just got to. Or at least do a movie where he accomplishes this. The kid's been through so much, let him accomplish something big before he loses his role.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
That character height chart has been out days before the news from the TV series this morning, so we know there is at least some truth behind it. Which means Ash will probably be in the next series too.

Also there was that comment on a blog a while back from an animator named Takahashi who works on storyboard for the show. For those who haven't seen it, this is what it said.
Quote:
Translation:
Finally, filming Pokemon has begun!

It was 3 episodes of new series, but it looks like heroine isn't the main girl from game.

I went "Huh!?" when I saw the character chart last time, but it really looks like heroine is original child (Anime-only character).
It appears that Takeshi isn't in it, and new rival character who is similar to Shinji is in it too.

By the way, heroine is cute but amazing... Her hair style pretty.

So either Brock comes on later or he isn't there. The other silhouette could be the rival.
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Also, no one watches every episode of Pokemon.

I do~ Smile

Haha can't wait for the series even though I'll miss Hikari.
fightbait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 am Reply with quote
I'm think there's a law somewhere stating that it's illegal to stop producing new Pokemon anime being it will trigger the apocalypse. The reason being, of course, that the Four Horsemen love Pokemon. Specifically, Bulbasaur.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:43 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
"Best Wishes!" and no Ash in the silhouette. I'm sure he'll be in the series somewhere, but I guess it's true he's no longer the main character.

Now this is getting really interesting.

I also saw that on serebii.net

it seems for the new series, Satoshi wont be the main. It's probably gonna be Iris (who'll replace Hikari as the female).

then does that mean satoshi is gonna be like those side guests?

Looks like Satoshi is transferring.
bluesheep02

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
They didn't call the Advanced Generation series, "Ruby and Sapphire" so it isn't too far fetched for them to go back to using non game titles.

The Japanese spelling of Best Wishes! is interesting. It can be interpreted as "Best Isshu" and along with the first letter of each word, you got a nice throwback to the Black and White games.

No it can't, because you are missing the ウ katakana character that is "u". It reads Besuto Uishu or "Best Wish" with "Best Wishes" above it. So no, it can't be interpreted as issue because there is a specific spelling for all katakana words, and issue is not a katakana word. If it was it would not begin with u. The word for issue general issue is 首尾 (しゅび) (shubi)
meaning an issue or course of events. There are many other words for issue, but that most certainly cannot be interpreted as issue.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
bluesheep02 wrote:
Haterater wrote:
They didn't call the Advanced Generation series, "Ruby and Sapphire" so it isn't too far fetched for them to go back to using non game titles.

The Japanese spelling of Best Wishes! is interesting. It can be interpreted as "Best Isshu" and along with the first letter of each word, you got a nice throwback to the Black and White games.

No it can't, because you are missing the ウ katakana character that is "u". It reads Besuto Uishu or "Best Wish" with "Best Wishes" above it. So no, it can't be interpreted as issue because there is a specific spelling for all katakana words, and issue his not a katakana word. If it was it would not being with u. The word for issue general issue is 首尾 (しゅび) (shubi)
meaning an issue or course of events. There are many other words for issue, but that most certainly cannot be interpreted as issue.

He's not saying it's "Best Issue", he's saying it's "Best Isshu". Isshu is the name of the region in Pokemon Black and White. If they meant to write "Best Wishes" in katakana, I'm sure they would've. I doubt it would've gotten so far past a quality check. They don't seem to care too much about specifics, considering that they wrote "Best Wish" in katakana, instead of "Best Wishes". So, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to split "Besutouisshu" as "Besutou Isshu". See what I mean?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2