• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Rock Shooter (OAV + TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
There is only one episode so you've either seen it or you haven't. If you haven't then you should obviously exercise caution when entering a thread about it.
Also, I can only assume from your disjointed posting style that you are manually hitting enter when you get to the right hand edge of the text box. You don't have to - just keep typing and it will wrap around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
It was a good OVA although certain things just don't make much sense and the rest you have to infer for yourself. spoiler[Like what is the nature and history of the alternate universe where everything is rubble? How/why did Yomi and Mato get sent there? Why are they even fighting?] Confused
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
BlackBloodMaka wrote:
I thought BRS was very exciting to watch sure the way they switched things up was a little weird but it was still very good graphics and music, by the way at the end does that mean their going to probably make more?

Exciting is about the last word I would use to describe it. Remember Cencoroll, and how people were like: that's an interesting idea, maybe you should make an actual story about it? Yeah, imagine if you took the first five minutes of plot from that, then stretched it to fifty minutes by injecting a season of K-On throughout it (minus the music parts), then added an ending that makes no effort to explain anything. Also, the climactic resolution occurs offscreen during the closing credits.

I actually liked the Mato/Yomi stuff - it was enjoyable and relaxing - but it had nothing to do with Black Rock Shooter.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote
BlackBloodMaka wrote:
I thought BRS was very exciting to watch sure the way they switched things up was a little weird but it was still very good graphics and music, by the way at the end does that mean their going to probably make more?

A second OVA hasn't been confirmed as far as I'm aware (and I've been keeping up with ANN's front page for a few years now). So, if there's a new one it'll definitely appear on the front page some of these days. I wouldn't get my hopes high, but I personally believe there's a good possibility of a new one (and the ending left an open door).
I can agree that the other world could be quite exciting to watch. But for me it didn't last long enough. I can say that I got more excitement* out of this trailer rather than the whole 50 minute OVA.

If anything besides what I already mentioned, their facial expression throughout the fight was nicely chosen. Grinning villain, and emotionless hero. In that case, I'd expect the hero to be crying and begging his best friend, who's now a villain, to change his ways, etc.

*Not to be confused with enjoyment.
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, the plot was as cohesive as a brainf*** in this OVA. Animation was nice, and the character/background designs were cool... but seriously, with the moe/action seemingly strapped together with bungee cord, it was a bumpy, disjointed ride.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda late on this, but does anybody know where the official stream for this is? Can't find anything on the official site about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I really wouldn't compare Cencoroll to BRS. Cencoroll added a twist to what we would normally associate with "pocket monsters" while BRS did nothing at all new.
wm4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:30 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
I'm kinda late on this, but does anybody know where the official stream for this is? Can't find anything on the official site about it.

There was a delay to the anime release so we couldn't watch it by anyway
before July 9.

The live stream is available at August 19. I think the stream address can be
Googled. Dunno for Japanese only or not.

The was also a live streaming of the BRS celebrity (translated as Bazaar)
at August 15 (15:00 in Japanese time.) Look at it if you are sleepless Smile
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quote
^Thank you. I'm honestly looking forward to it now since Hironori Tanaka is there (along with maybe Yutaka Nakamura?) I want to see what else they managed to put in this OVA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
I really wouldn't compare Cencoroll to BRS. Cencoroll added a twist to what we would normally associate with "pocket monsters" while BRS did nothing at all new.

Didn't Narutaru already use that twist?
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought what little I saw of Narutaru was completely retarded and had some of the laziest reasoning ever. Cencoroll is what ACTUAL children would feel like after using those little monsters too much, jaded.
shiftymaple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 pm Reply with quote
So I've done my reading and whatnot but im still confused .. is it going to be an actual anime or just the one OVA? i thought there was also going to be an anime that just went straight to dvd and never was aired on tv but maybe im wrong can someone clear it up for me? whats going on with the Black Rock Shooter project?

yes i know the history im a vocaloid fan. so no explanation on its hisory is needed for me unless im wrong on this

Huke make a drawing of brs and ryo saw it after huke joined supercell then made a song for her and now its an OVA which i liked alot i thought it was good. alot of people think its a big cliffhanger but it isnt if you payed attention .... aaaanyway im getting off topic lol
wm4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quote
shiftymaple wrote:
So I've done my reading and whatnot but im still confused
.. is it going to be an actual anime or just the one OVA?

Should be the same thing. The BD/DVD set has some additional gifts including
super deformed figures and a picture book (Google it.)

We won't possibly know if there are mods in the anime, until we got a hand on it
in December.

No sequels has yet been announced....
shiftymaple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quote
wm4 wrote:
shiftymaple wrote:
So I've done my reading and whatnot but im still confused
.. is it going to be an actual anime or just the one OVA?

Should be the same thing. The BD/DVD set has some additional gifts including
super deformed figures and a picture book (Google it.)

We won't possibly know if there are mods in the anime, until we got a hand on it
in December.

No sequels has yet been announced....

by OVA i ment the one 50 minute episode currently released which is different from an anime series that is usually 12-15 episodes long per season ..... anyway ... noting been announced to follow the current single ova? damn ... that sucks it was a really good show and i thought it was great i just feel bad for the people who think they were left with the worlds biggest cliffhanger all i can say to you who think the ending was a clifhanger is that nope it wasnt ... re-watch it and think about it for a bit. not everything is happening in order of time
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 am Reply with quote
It's not really a cliff-hanger. To see what happened with the two girls just spoiler[rewind to the beginning and rewatch the fighting scene portions of the show. That's them going at each other, fused somehow with the beings from the other world.]

I heavily agree that this should have been a TV series instead to provide a little more data on what exactly is going on. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6