• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Appleseed Movie and TV Series in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2: No, Tarantino is a plagiaristic bastard who uses his influence to bury and mutilate whatever Asian films he's afraid will upstage him. John Woo is a cinema buff who likes to back mainstream projects he believes in.
Hearthorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I read in the Japanese newspaper that John Woo will actually provide story direction and help choreagraph action scenes...given that Appleseed characters are motion-captured, this makes sense.

I've also read that Shirow will be designing some characters and write new manga around this.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Animepimp wrote:
Has anyone seen the First AppleSeed Movie yet with all this talk about the sequel/series. The First Movie was shown at the Smithsonian Anime Marathon in Washington,DC as part of the Cherry Blossom Festival.

If you mean the new Appleseed shown this year, I did and liked it despites the cliches and pacing. It was ok, and I won't complain considering I got a free pass and taped Aramaki's interview.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:34 am Reply with quote
Hearthorn wrote:
I've also read that Shirow will be designing some characters and write new manga around this.

Well, if it's the creative kick he needed to continue/finish the title, so be it Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2