• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Siren Visual Brings Noitamina Block to Australia and New Zealand

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Eh? FUNi has rights to the Noitamina block. They've said multiple times though that if people want DVD/BDs of them, they should support their simulcasts and that /is/ a factor if they will or will not put out physical media versions.

I've already watched Moyashimon 5 times already.....I want DVD's.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
Australia is getting noitaminA DVDs?

God damn it Funimation. I hate you so [expletive] much.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote
I believe you are not viewing the differences between the anime industries of R1 and R4 through a sufficiently wide scope. Whilst it is true that an Australian company has managed to outdo a North American one in this instance, there are still a great many cases in which the opposite is true.
Even if this mild break from the norm is not addressed by Funimation, resorting to importation will still be viable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nephtis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
jsevakis wrote:
...because it's a press release, not a news article.

Well that explains that.

Could ANN in the future make it clear whenever an article is primarily a press release? That should help prevent further misunderstandings. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. Something like "Company X issued today the following press release on their recent acquisition Z" at the start of the article would be fine.

On another note, I think ANN can and should do better than just copy-pasting press releases. For example, some (non-spin) background info wouldn't have gone amiss.

Umm it's under the press release section, is written as a press release (ie: Melbourne Australia at the start) and has a link to press release archives at the end...

As for the comments about Australia & NZ being so awesome...I thought two of these three titles are available for streaming in the US and have been for some time...therefore from an "I want to check this out" perspective I think we lost out here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2