• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Haruhi Anime Collaborates with Online Toy Wars Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I can't help but imagine that if this weren't tangibly related to Haruhi (the still definitive teflon coating of anime) people would be a little more prone to criticizing the image infringement here. Laughing

My guess is people see Haruhi and automatically assume that means the game is going to be so awesome and that all other factors instantly cease to matter....kind of like how people handle all Haruhi-related things really.

I guess this is Japan's last ditch effort to get Japanese people to close down the visual novels and play a MP shooter game. If loading it up with moe characters and action figures (things that typcially appeal to Japanese gamer otaku) doesn't do the trick then there's truly no hope for the genre over there. Got to give them credit for trying something....even if that something has kind of already been done and they're just re-tailoring the models to see if it makes a difference.

I'm currently trying to find any more information on this game to see if it actually is Source SDK based (it sure looks like a re-skin of TF2) but so far can't find anything on it besides the post here.

mudduck454 wrote:

people will still buy TF2, people will buy this game, it is just a matter of taste. now if this game will allow me to play games with the japanese version, then I would like even more.

Obviously. TF2 has real market penetration and is a standard of PC-based MP shooter games (and not to mention available with the Orange Box, one of the most successful game compilations of all time so pretty much everybody who has steam has it), this one is going to be stuck inside Japan with limited to no appeal elsewhere and who knows if it's even getting a digital release or not.
3rdHalf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 am Reply with quote
ToyWars? Shocked
I had the same idea a year ago. Laughing
>>My ToyWars Trailer!<<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2