• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuki Anime Streaming Site Launches

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Awesome!!! Thanks for giving international anime fans a chance to watch Gundam online after seeing Bandai withdraw from the anime market.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hybridbloodszak

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I'll check back in a year or two after the site has its legs in the ground. Nothing worth watching for my tastes I can't find already elsewhere atm.

After all, Crunchyroll didn't really get the ball rolling with its simulcasts until 2010-2011ish

One Piece will be good for people that don't live in North America but have wanted to watch it legally after browsing the catalog of the current studios

Last edited by Hybridbloodszak on Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, us dub fans get the shaft yet again. Sad

*sigh* Guess I'll go see what's on Neon Alley. Hope it's not another Naruto marathon again.... Confused
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Zeta was dubbed...don't watch it.
Galap

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I voted for some things that don't have complete subs, like Layzner and Ai Shite Night. Those would be better suited to Anime Sols than what's supposed to be a popular streaming site.

Damn! I didn't see layzner on there. I'd have voted for that in a second if I'd seen it.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
clone4 wrote:
Am I missing something? It's still the coming soon web page for me.

Make sure there its not "/en" at the end of the link. Its just Daisuki.net

Also, it might be useful to clear your cache and offline data from your browser. That might be the problem, which I encountered.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
At least I'm glad they are indeed open to different regions, though lo and behold, the one series I'm interested in -Lupin III- is apparently unavailable in my region (or maybe for registered users only?)

See, this is the very thing I thought they were selling that would set them apart.... that they would be streaming stuff to the whole world. There will still be lots of piracy until that happens. tch.

I hope the shows that appear as "unavailable" are so because they're exclusive for registered users or there's some error in the site and not for some region block, because those seem to be the most popular ones (Madoka, SAO and Lupin). If they are I'll be terribly disappointed; then I'll get over it and move on with my piracy-led otaku life as if nothing ever happened . Not to mention, I can't imagine what would lead them to region-block Madoka for Mexico when they're screening the movies here this weekend
configspace

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I think the site is borked Confused

I'm not getting the confirmation emails and while I was able to play one video earlier, I am now getting:
Quote:
This player is not approved to play this protected content.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
So only these initial launch titles are free, right? I'm guessing everything in the future won't be, as per their FAQ.
Esg

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Layzner must be subbed
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
^Really? Where does it say that? Been poking around but it only implies that there will be pay-exclusive videos in the future, not that all of them will be
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Lupin III and Zeta Gundam are dub-only and in awful quality.

So, yeah... no.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Are they doing their own subs for the shows? Don't want to judge prematurely, but I hope not, because, well here's an example:

Quote:
It’s been a long time since Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko have heard from Lupin. Then one day, they each receive an invitation from Lupin for a reunion aboard the luxury liner Sirloin. Little do they know that the reunion is a trap plotted by a vengeful Mister X! Where is the real Lupin?

That's the summary blurb for "The Lupin The Third Part2 #1".

Now, summary blurbs are usually dumb, but there are other problems going on here.

It's that weird level of English writing competence where you can't point to any real grammatical errors, but the whole thing just comes off as wrong. You can just tell that it was written by someone whose English is very good, but just not quite all there yet somehow.

If the show subs are like that, then it'll really detract from the experience. It's almost like bad fansubs.

Last edited by Galap on Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
get to watch Seed HD.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Zeta was dubbed...don't watch it.

Wow. Zeta Gundam is available subbed on Crunchyroll. (Or it used to be - maybe it's been taken off since I watched it there.) I love Nobuo Tobita's voice (as Kamille), I wouldn't want to watch the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5